~30~

I woke up to my phone ringing loudly from my pocket. I grunted and pulled it out of my pocket, squinting my eyes at the bright screen.
It was a No Caller ID. I shook Colby awake softly and answered the phone, putting it on speaker. Colby looked over at the phone and saw that it had no number. He looked at me confusedly and I shrugged.
"Hello, Samuel," a deep voice sounded from behind the screen. It was like it had been altered, like a voice changer. I put the phone on mute.
"I know you are there. I can see you. I can see you and Colby. Ah, Colby. I want you to go downstairs and check what is in the letterbox, otherwise something will happen to that little boyfriend of yours. I want you both to go downstairs and open the letter that has just came through the letter box. If you don't, I will kill you both on the spot. I will ring you back in 5 minutes," they put the phone down. I was terrified.
"Let's go get the letter," Colby gulped, leading me downstairs. There was a white letter with a red thumbprint on it. I opened it warily and slowly. Inside was a picture of a man that was unfamiliar to me, and he had blood on his hands and around his face. What made this even creepier, was that there was an object on the floor that looked oddly familiar to a human body.
"Oh my fucking god," Colby whispered, his eyes tearing up.
"What do we do? Why are they targeting us?" I asked frantically.
"They're targeting us because that's my dad," he whispered, tears flowing down his cheeks.
"Jesus..." I whispered, pulling him into a hug.
"How the fuck did he know your name? He better not fucking touch you or I swear to god I will kill him," he asked, pulling away from the hug.
"How did he get out of jail?" I asked.
"I have no idea," Colby mumbled, melting into my touch. We sat down in the living room and I checked my phone. 4:15am. He rang me again, and I answered quickly.
"I see you've opened it. I'm sure Colby is glad to know his dad is out of jail," he laughed.
(S-Sam C-Colby D-Colby's Dad)
C- Why are you doing this?
D- Because I need your mom back, Colby. I need you back. Then we can all be a happy family again.
C- No, I would never go back to you two. You're both abusive and not right in the head. Mom is hooked onto all sorts of drugs and you're an alcoholic.
D- Well that's a shame. I suppose you wouldn't have to live with us. But I need you to help me get your mom back.
S- Can you make this quick please? We've got school tomorrow and I'm fucking tired.
D- Oh Samuel.
C- How do you know his name? How do you know who he is? How do you have his number? How can you see us? Where are you?
D- I know people, people like Brennen Taylor. I'm actually nowhere near your house, I don't even know where you live. I got Brennen to send the letter and I assumed you'd be with him.
S- Ok but can we go back to sleep now?
D- I need Colby's help first.
C- What now?
D- Tell your mom I'm back in town. Give me her number.
C- (idk a number so just pretend her number is here lol)
D- Thanks. You can go back to sleep now.
We put the phone down.
"Should we tell someone?" I whispered. Colby shrugged.
"He might've been released. If he was, we have nothing to call him out for," he answered simply.
"He literally threatened to kill us," I held his hand.
"We have no solid evidence," he sighed, squeezing my hand lightly.
"Can we go back to sleep?" I asked with a yawn.
"Yeah. Should we just crash on the sofa?"He asked. I nodded and flopped down onto the sofa. Colby laid next to me, cuddling me from behind. He pulled a blanket over us and I grabbed my stuffie, holding it close to my chest.

(717)
I really wanna go home man. I hate London.