~21~

"What should I wear?" I asked Colby brightly.
"I don't know, but I need clothes," he laughed. I did some digging about in my messy closet and found a pastel pink hoodie and blue skinny jeans. I passed them to him and he rolled his eyes.
"Really?" He said with a smile. I nodded, followed with a giggle.
"You suit colour," I giggled a little more. He shook his head and got dressed. I picked blue dungarees and a yellow sweater to go underneath. I got changed quickly and threw on my yellow vans. I sat down on the bed to do my laces up and Colby jumped onto the bed beside me, making me jump.
"Colby!" I squealed.
"Sorry," he laughed, kissing my forehead.
"Could you do my lace for me?" I asked, smiling sweetly.
"Sure," he chuckled softly, doing my lace swiftly.
"Thank you," I smiled at him as he sat back up.
"Are we do-" Colby was cut off by his phone ringing. He gulped and looked at who it was. He gave me a slightly scared look.
"It's my mom," he mumbled and picked up, putting the phone to his ear shakily.
"Where the fuck have you been, Colby?" His mom's scratchy voice was loud enough for me to hear it sat next to him.
(M- Colby's mom C- Colby)
C- I-I-I'm at Sam's.
M- You're there again? You spend all your time with that gay boy, you little shit. I'm gonna kill you when you get home.
C- You mean you're gonna b-beat me. Like you always do.
M- I beat you to tell you not to be gay. You just don't listen.
C- You can't change who I am, mom. If Sam wants to come, I'm gonna bring him. And if I really have to, I'll call someone. I'm sick of you hurting me all the time.
M- Your little gay boy isn't welcome in my house.
C- He's welcome in my room. I'll be home in a few hours.
M- hurry up.

Colby put the phone down. He was stood up and was pacing whilst he was in the phone.
"You okay?" I asked, walking over to him.
"Yeah I guess. Just scared," he mumbled, looking at his feet.
"Hey. It's okay. Do you want me to come home with you?" I asked, pulling him into a hug.
"Please," he nodded against my shoulder. I squeezed him a little tighter, stroking his hair with one hand. He moved his head a little and sighed.
"You okay?" I asked again. He nodded and moved away from my arms, sitting back down on the bed. I sat next to him.
"What're you gonna do?" I asked, stroking his thigh gently.
"I don't know. If she does it again I might call Social Services. But I have nowhere to go if they do take me away," he shook his head. "I have no family here. And I'm not moving, I'm not moving away from you," he sighed.
"Well.. I mean.. you could stay here? I'm sure my mom wouldn't mind," I suggested.
"I don't wanna be a nuisance," he mumbled.
"You won't be, my mom cares," I put an arm around his shoulders.
"I know," he shook his head. "We need to get to mine, my mom's gonna kill me."
With that, we set off to his house.

(565)
Umbrella Academy is the best