~36~

"What if he does it again?" I sob. Me and Colby had made the fort and were sat inside. I was ranting about how scared I was of Brennen.
"He won't, Sam. I'm here for you, I'm not leaving you, you are safe," he hugged me tightly. "You need to stop worrying."
"I know," I sighed and laid down, pulling a blanket over me. Colby laid down next to me, propping his head up with his hand. My phone started ringing and I groaned, exiting the fort and grabbing my phone. I laid back down and answered, it was Corey.
(C- Corey CB- Colby J- Jake S- Sam)
C- Hello?
S- Hey.
C- Why aren't you in school today?
S- Some stuff happened yesterday.
C- You ready to talk about it?
S- No. Not to anybody at school yet.
C- Have you told Colby?
S- Of course.
J (in background)- Tell him to pass the phone to Colby!
C (to Jake)- Why?
J (in background)- I need to talk to him.
C (to Jake)- Oookay?
C- Jake needs to talk to Colby, I'm passing the phone to him.
S- No no no, Corey I need to tell you something.
C- Go on..
S- Am I on speaker?
C- No.
S- Jake rang Colby this morning and begged him to get with him. Colby said no and hung up.
C (whispers)- Oh shit. Isn't he with Griffin though?
S-Exactly what I thought.
C- Is that what happened yesterday?
S- No.
C- What happened yesterday?
S- Like I said, I'm not ready to say.
C- Ok. I'm not gonna force you.
S- Thank you.
CB- Can I talk to Corey?
S- Sure.
(I couldn't hear what Corey was saying)
CB- Corey?
C- Hey.
CB- Yo.
C- Are you aware that it's Sam's birthday in a couple weeks?
CB- Yeah, I'm not sure what to get.
C- He's your boyfriend, you should know!
CB- I have a vague idea. I still have a couple weeks so I should figure it out.
C- Jake wants to talk to you.
CB- Like Sam said, no. I'm not speaking to Jake.
C- Pass back to Sam.
CB- Ok.
S- What were you talking about?
(Colby grinned at me)
C- Nothing..
S- It sounded important.
C- It was. But it doesn't concern you at this moment in time. It's nothing bad, I promise. You'll see soon.
S- This is gonna drive me crazy now.
C- Just forget we ever said anything (laugh)
C- Alright, I gotta go, see you soon bro.
S- See ya.
(End of call)
"What were you and Corey talking about?" I asked curiously.
"Nothing, Sammy," he chuckled lightly, moving my dirty blonde hair away from my eyes.
"Fine," I huffed, crossing my arms and turning around to not face him. He must've seen my small smirk because he laughed.
"Sam, I live here too. You can't avoid me," Colby tickled me, causing me to erupt in laughter.
"St-op!" I said in between giggles. He finally stopped, laughing hysterically. He clutched his stomach in the pain it caused, tearing up with laughter. I laughed with him, flopping down onto the pillows and cushions. He laid down surprisingly gently, considering he was literally wheezing. We continued like this for the next five minutes, until the laughter finally died off into comfortable silence.
"Let's watch The Shining!" Colby piped up loudly, grabbing the TV remote.
"Ok!" I replied just as enthusiastically.

Throughout most of the film I hid my face behind blankets with Colby's arm wrapped around me. He just watched intently, not getting scared at any of it. This took us to about 6:50pm. I didn't dare take my head out from under the blanket.
"Sammy, it's ok," Colby chuckled, rubbing my arm sympathetically and kissing my head. I removed the blanket slowly, not sure what to expect.
"Cartoons," I whimpered childishly.
"Ok," he giggled, turning on SpongeBob Squarepants.

(656)
I ran out of things to put here.