~15~

We ate our dominoes with Gage, who was sat across the room as he had done previously. We were all making bad, corny jokes and just having general conversation. That was until Colby's mom walked in, seeing Colby with his arm around me. Sat shirtless with me. Me with my head on his shoulder. Oh shit. Things were about to get bad. They'd already been bad at my house, I came here to get away from it.
His mom walked in, causing him to jump away from me suddenly.
"I thought I'd told you about this, Colby," her scratchy voice made me wince slightly. She walked over to us, giving me a dirty look then staring at Colby with cold eyes. He looked scared. Terrified. His eyes were glazed with tears. She swiftly raised her hand and brought it down against his cheek violently. He clenched his teeth and gave his mom a cold stare.
"Mom!" Gage yelled, standing up.
"He's gay," she spat, exiting the room. I moved a little closer to him and hugged him gently and quickly. I held his chin in my finger and thumb and turned it sideways, giving me a better view of his cheek. Gage walked over and watched. He had a bright red handprint on his cheek. I stroked my thumb over it gently, making him wince. A tear slid down his cheek.
"Sorry," I whispered, pulling him tightly against me into a hug. He sobbed into me this time. Gage rubbed his back softly.
"It'll be ok, Colbs, I promise," I whispered, running my hands through his hair over and over again.
"But it won't be ok, Sam. She's gonna keep hurting me," he sobbed a little more.
"She won't. I'll have a word with her, and if she does it again, message me. Or ring me. Contact me somehow," Gage spoke up, patting Colby on the back and leaving the room, probably to find his mom.
"You ok?" I asked him in a gentle voice. He simply shook his head and carried on crying. I rubbed his bare back in gentle circles. He sniffled loudly and pulled me closer to him.
"Sorry for bringing you here. I should've known she'd do something like that," he frowned.
"No, no. Don't apologise, Colbs. You didn't know she'd do something like that. And you were helping me get away from my situation. You can't help how she is," I kissed his forehead. He sighed shakily and went to lay on his bed. I followed and laid next to him.
"C'mere," I whispered, opening my arms. He laid in them, resting his head on my chest gently.
"I love you, Sammy. Thank you," he kissed my chest gently.
"I love you more, Colebear," I leant down and kissed his forehead. The bedroom door opened and Colby jumped, somehow getting even closer to me.
"Gage?" Colby croaked quietly.
"Hey. I was wondering if I could crash in here tonight. I'd rather not be downstairs," Gage whispered.
"Sure, just turn the light off and lock my bedroom door," Colby mumbled, wrapping his arm around me and putting his head back on my chest.
"Ok," Gage whispered, doing what Colby had said and laying down on the sofa.
"Night Sammy," Colby whispered.
"Night Colbs," I whispered back. He pouted his lips at me and I kissed them gently, pulling away and telling him to go to sleep.

(570)
It's only 4:48pm, yikes. My views have gone down :( can we get them back up?