6 ♡ Dinner

"Your cooking is great, cook again for me sometimes." Jungkook said as he swallowed some water.

"What? You're expecting me to cook for you again?" Junghye sends him a death glare, frowning.

"Yeah? You owe me like two more meals, young lady." He said in a sassy tone.

Junghye scoffed at him, "Whatever. "

Beginning to wash the dishes, Jungkook saw and decided to help out, "You're not going to just leave it to the maids? It's odd to see the owner washes the dish herself. Normally I would leave it to the maids to do them."

The reason Junghye was washing the dishes even when she had maids was that she never liked to rely on anyone or expect anyone to do anything for her. If she ate something, then it was her responsibility to clean up the mess herself, and not anyone else's. She even preferred it if there were no maids at all but since the house is quite big to clean with just a few people, her parents wanted maids.

"I just want to do it. Nothing too odd to question of." She shrugged and washed her hands.

Junghye sighed and looked at Jungkook, her expression grew tired. 

"You may leave now." She said as she gestured him to leave but he barely budged. 

"Shouldn't friends hang out? Why do you keep shooing me away?" Jungkook rested his arms on his hip and pouted. 

"Well, I don't know? Is that what friends normally do? I wouldn't, to be honest." Junghye dragged her tired body to the sofa and flopped down. She let her body lied on the sofa comfortably. 

"Yeah. I can totally hang out with you sometimes," Jungkook showed her his bunny smile, "We can get to know each other better. What do you think?"

"How about no? I am seriously not comfortable talking to people." Junghye rubbed her eyes, completely worn out. 

"I can make that change." He claimed, getting closer to her face and tapped her nose. 

"What are you doing?!" She yelled and jerked up, her forehead colliding with his. 

They both winced out in pain. 

Jungkook stared at Junghye and she stared back, the two ended up laughing. 

But as soon as she caught herself laughing, she paused and got up to get herself an ice pack and one for Jungkook. 

She got walked back to the living room and threw an ice pack at Jungkook and he caught it instantly, "Thanks."

Junghye ended up letting Jungkook stay since he was being utterly persistence and kept on insisting to stay.

"So where are your parents and brother?" Jungkook asked after realizing her family had yet to be home. 

"Parents, at work. Brother, probably went to meet up with his friends and catch up." Junghye answered, doing her homework. 

"Oh... I see. Oh! Let's do that homework together." He suggested enthusiastically. 

"Sure, why not." 

-

Hours had passed and unknowingly, Junghye had a great time with Jungkook. He was funny, gentle, and nice.  Not to mention he was pretty smart as he did his work at a quick pace and got all the answers correctly. 

This was her first time in years to have friends over. She felt kind of odd, like what was she supposed to feel or think?

Jaekwang popped up behind Junghye and she silently jumped. When she realized that it was her older brother, she hit him on the shoulder, arm, and kicked his legs. 

Jungkook was just there, laughing his head off seeing how the siblings were being so silly. 

"Why would you do that? Oh my god. I swear I'm going to choke the life out of you one day." She glared at him.

Jaekwang chuckled at how his sister was threatening him, "Dare you to."

Junghye pretended to choke him and eventually got back to work.

Jungkook wasn't usually this productive, but somehow, Junghye doing work motivated him to get his mind going as well.

Took them a few hours before they completed all the assigned work, leaving them utterly exhausted from all the brain functions.

Junghye lied her head on the table, yawning.

Jungkook saw and copied her.

They were facing each other, just staring to one another's eyes. 

"Are you tired?" Jungkook asked, trying his best to keep his eyes open. 

"Yeah." She replied lifelessly as she was so tired. 

"Let's sleep." He mumbled, gradually drifting off to dreamland. 

"Yeah." She answered quietly and followed him to dreamland. 

Jaekwang came down from upstairs after his shower and saw the two teenagers sleeping side by side with their heads on the table, facing one another

"This guy seems to be into her," he smiled, "I'll be rooting for you Jungkook." 

Jaekwang didn't even hesitate for a second to take a picture. They're kind of cute... He'd be a fun little brother-in-law. He laughed to himself but resisted a tad bit just in case the two of them wakes up. 

+hellooo, it's me jeon here. i hope you guys are enjoying this story, im trying my best to write it and i am still practicing my writing skills so dont mind it too much if you see an error, you can correct me if you want though, i would be grateful for that uwu. outtie --🌸

-jeon