CHAPTER EIGHT

The next few weeks were the first few normal weeks Jungkook had ever experienced since he was bitten by the radioactive spider

The next few weeks were the first few normal weeks Jungkook had ever experienced since he was bitten by the radioactive spider. He had told Namjoon about the man and was told he would be updated once Namjoon found any information on him. The man himself had seemed to disappear for the time being, so Jungkook was back to dealing with petty crime. He was also keeping his promise to Yoongi and going to the Gazette meetings more frequently.

Yoongi seemed happier lately as well, which only increased the butterflies in Jungkook's stomach. Since he started staying at the meetings, he noticed Yoongi didn't ask as many questions about the internship, which meant Jungkook continued to ignore thinking about telling him the truth about who he was. If he wasn't asking questions, there wasn't any point. Sure, he was lying, but it was for a good reason.

What Jungkook didn't know, however, was that Yoongi was as suspicious as ever. Of course he was thrilled that Jungkook was keeping his promise and going to the Gazette meetings more frequently, but he was convinced that Jungkook was hiding something.

The day he was attacked, he could have sworn he recognized Spider-man's voice, but he had told himself he was just in shock from almost being murdered by a villain that looked like he came right out of a comic book. The familiarity of the voice didn't come back to him until afterwards, specifically when Jungkook had come back home and talked to him, Taehyung and Jimin.

Yoongi knew when Jungkook was putting on an act, being friends with him since childhood made it obvious for him to tell when Jungkook was lying or putting on a front to keep something to himself. He avoided talking about things, and his body language told more than his words ever could.

And Yoongi had almost become convinced that Jungkook was Spider-man.

Did he have solid proof? No. Did you have any evidence whatsoever? No. Was he completely making this hypothesis based on Jungkook being distant and his voice sounded similar to Spider-man's? Hell yes.

It would make sense if he was, A) Kim Namjoon was someone who didn't hide the fact that he was involved and worked with superheroes that lived in New York. B) It would make sense as to why Jungkook was always avoiding going to the Gazette meetings, and why Spider-man's sightings had decreased lately now that he was going. C) The voice of the person who saved him was 99.99% Jungkook's voice.

Jungkook had also avoided talking about Spider-man and the incident after Yoongi had told him about it that first night. He even showed irritation when Yoongi had written the article about his experience, which led to people he had never spoken to once in his four years at Midtown, to constantly come up to him and ask him questions about it.

Everything added up, and Yoongi didn't know how to feel about it.

On one side he was happy that his best friend was someone who helped and saved others, and being a superhero in general was cool. On the other side, he was annoyed that Jungkook hadn't told him. He assumed it was for a good reason, in fact he knew it was for a good reason, but Yoongi was also selfish and wanted Jungkook to tell him everything.