CHAPTER TWENTY

[ a/n 5

[ a/n 5.4K WORDS PHEW LONGEST CHAPTER SO FAR! full disclosure i can't write action/fight scenes well so if this sucks just know it looked so much cooler in my head so feel free to visualize it as badass as you would like. also, this fic is coming to an end wow we're really almost done... ]

Jungkook, Yoongi, Taehyung and Jimin were all sitting in Seokjin's car making their way to Kim Tower. The atmosphere in the car was tense, and everyone was scared to be the first one to say something. Seokjin's knuckles were going white as he clutched onto the steering wheel, and Jungkook's leg was bouncing up and down as he stared out the window trying but failing to keep his mind focused on anything other than the reality they were in.

Jungkook knew the time to finally face Necro was coming. They had all put together a plan when the time came around, they all knew the roles they would have to play to finally take Necro down. The only difference is that everything was happening much quicker than any of them expected, and the reality of Namjoon going off on his own instead of waiting for them was only going to make this more difficult than it should have been.

When it came down to it, they knew there would be a fight, and Jungkook, Yoongi and Hoseok agreed they would be a part of that considering they were the three who were trained to do so. The plan was to bring Necro to them so they would be fighting on territory they were familiar with rather than going to him where he would have the advantage. Namjoon was supposed to be leading behind the scenes operations with Taehyung, Jimin and Seokjin, but now that he was going after Necro, the stakes were higher.

As frustrated as Jungkook was that Namjoon had gone on his own, he also knew he had done it to try and prevent any of the others from getting hurt. By putting himself in harm's way, there was a chance everyone else wouldn't have to. He understood where he was coming from, considering Jungkook had experienced his own feelings of guilt when he didn't have to. What Namjoon didn't know was that the people he wanted to protect were some of the most stubborn people he could have met and would put themselves in danger anyway.

The hand that had been clutching at his leg to keep from shaking was grabbed by none other than Yoongi. He didn't say anything, but the look in his eye and the reassuring squeeze he gave Jungkook's hand was enough to express what he was thinking. That alone calmed Jungkook down enough to stop his leg from bouncing. He just needed to remind himself that everything was going to be okay.

Soon enough they had reached Kim Tower, and rushed into the building to get themselves organized. Hoseok explained over the phone that Necro had reached out to Namjoon and gave him a location to meet him and he wasn't surprised when he saw that it was the same location where the laboratory was for the Rebirth Project. As far as Hoseok knew, that building was nothing more than a deserted compound now, but of course it would be a fitting place for all of this end considering it was where it had begun.

Seokjin, Jimin and Taehyung got themselves situated around the countless monitors and screens in order to help out as much as possible if it came to needing directions or hacking into anything if it came down to it. Basically, helping out wherever they could whenever they could.