CHAPTER NINE

Jungkook saying he would deal with Yoongi on Monday was a lie

Jungkook saying he would deal with Yoongi on Monday was a lie. All weekend he sat staring at his phone, hoping Yoongi would be the first to message him or he would find the courage to do it first. However, both of them were as equally as stubborn and it would take a miracle for one of them to make the first move.

Jimin had called him Sunday afternoon asking if him and Yoongi had spoken at all since the argument on Friday, to which Jungkook obviously said no. Taehyung had done the same but to Yoongi, who gave the same response. Jimin and Taehyung also knew that the two boys were stubborn, and they were trying their best to get their friends to talk to each other, or else Monday would be one of the most awkward days of all of their lives.

Yoongi was trying to ignore Jungkook by working on his english essay that was due this week. Jungkook was trying to ignore Yoongi by doing the only thing he knew how to do best, which was being Spider-man. For the most part, it was working pretty well. Both boys would have about 10 minutes of peace before inevitably remembering. They weren't used to not having the other on their mind.

On Friday, Jungkook had basically run to Kim Tower, and cried a little bit on the way there. He pulled himself together when he walked into the building, but he was sure his eyes looked red, hopefully he could just pass it off as being tired if Mr. Kim mentioned it. He didn't need to know that Jungkook still hadn't told Yoongi, and instead made the whole situation worse.

The ride up the elevator felt longer than usual, probably because he was anxious. He needed to know who the masked man was, more information meant being closer to stopping him. Stopping him meant being a little bit closer to having things go back to normal. Probably not, but Jungkook liked to think so. An actual villain going around New York was more than he bargained for during his senior year. Everyone else his age was trying to get scholarships to universities and Jungkook was living a life from a comic book.

He reaches the top floor and leaves the elevator to meet up with Namjoon. He was counting on the information he got about the masked man today would keep his mind off of the Yoongi thing for a while at least.

"Hey, Mr. Kim." Jungkook says as he walks up to Namjoon, who is sitting at a desk surrounded by several computer monitors.

"Ah, Jungkook. I'm glad you could come in so quickly, hopefully I didn't interrupt something."

"No, it's fine." Jungkook knew it technically wasn't fine, but he wasn't about to say that out loud.

"I've asked some of my connections about the man you told me about, as well as did my own research and I've found some stuff out." He clicks on several files on the screen in front of him, displaying articles with low quality photos of the man and other reports of his attacks before turning to face Jungkook. "He goes by the name Necro. There have been various accounts of him across the country, New York being his latest. No one knows his main agenda, other than causing chaos in whatever city he's in."