CHAPTER TEN

a/n i feel like this chapter is so messy but whatever lmao

Yoongi had woken up with an unfamiliar warm feeling in his chest. Part of him felt slightly concerned that he should google his symptom to see when he could expect to die. But the other part of him was the complete opposite of concerned; he was relieved. Relieved because he finally knew the truth about Jungkook and relieved that he no longer needed to feel like Jungkook hated him and didn't want to be friends with him anymore. 

He was also relieved because they both had a moment last night. Yoongi could still feel the warmth on his palm from holding Jungkook's cheek. His skin had been impossibly smooth and he almost wanted to ask what his skincare routine was. Yoongi was positive that he would do anything to be able to do that again.

Since Jungkook hadn't pulled away, was there a chance that he felt the same way about Yoongi that Yoongi felt about him? He didn't want to get his hopes up, but this had been the most hopeful he had ever felt regarding having a crush on his best friend. Before he thought everything was strictly plantonic, but maybe, just maybe, there was something there that both boys were afraid to lean towards.

Yoongi didn't know if he wanted to risk that or not. The Spider-man secret hadn't changed their friendship, if anything it made them closer. Maybe being honest about his feelings would make them closer again. And would allow Yoongi to hold Jungkook's hand whenever he wanted to.

Meanwhile Jungkook felt nothing but joy for the first time in a long time. He no longer needed to hide his secret from Yoongi, he could be open and honest for the rest of his life when it came to the superhero side of his life. Maybe over time, he would tell Taehyung and Jimin as well, but they didn't care about his disappearances as much, or at least weren't as persistent as Yoongi had been. They minded their own business for the most part, and each other's business.

He felt like he could do anything at this point. Knowing he could trust Yoongi with anything now made him want to be completely honest in everything. Which felt extremely impulsive, but maybe he thought it was about time he told Yoongi about his not so little crush on him. Truly, he thought Yoongi's reaction to Jungkook being Spider-man would be worse, meanwhile it had been so much better than he expected. He also couldn't stop thinking about how Yoongi's hand felt laying on his cheek and how badly he wanted to have that anytime he wanted.

He had a feeling today was going to be the day everything changed. He just hoped it would be for the better.

-

The school day had been the same as it usually was. Jimin and Taehyung were bickering about something, and by bickering it was mainly teasing each other while laughing at the same time. It was a surprise to both Jungkook and Yoongi that they couldn't see how much the two boys liked each other, but then again, they themselves couldn't see how much they liked the other either. In conclusion, they were all a bunch of naive boys who were wasting perfectly good dating time by being afraid to be more than just friends.