Chapter Nine: Knighted

I sat in my black and golden chair sighing. My eye staring right into Jaime Lannister's soul. I know this bastard didn't do anything to me. Frankly, people should be thanking him for killing the mad king. However, what he did to Bran is unforgivable.

Nevertheless, hearing these arguments for Jaime made me think of him as an honorable man. Just not by a lot at least. I had the inkling that this man was confused. Confused on which side is truly is and for now he chose this one. Of course, i had to keep an eye on the green eyed warrior.

I took notice that Sansa stook up for the man. Daenerys seemed to be peeved about that idea. Although understandable i was still conflicted. Nevertheless, i remained silent.

Once everyone stood up at the Queens command, we all parted ways. At least for now anyway.  In my expense i sought out Colin. He was after all my most trusted friend and a servant. Though, i never liked to call him that. I saw him like the father that i barely had. Especially after my father and mother passed.

I walked out and saw Colin standing on a balcony. Overlooking the Asgardian warriors in the distance. Their fighting was still impeccable. I swelled with complete and utter joy knowing they were still better than the dothraki and the unsullied combined. I would pay just to see the reactions of the lords and ladies. However, i wouldn't want to be an arse.

I looked back at my friend, Colin who still looked out into the sunset as we stood on the balcony. The sun glared as us as if it were a character on it's own. I loved this feeling. The orange glow spreading on my skin. Yet it felt bittersweet.

Colin was an old friend. Whenever my father would discuss his kingly duties or train recruits, i was always alone. My father prided me to be the successor of Asgard.

That name is still new to me.

I never knew the lost lands were called Asgard. Apparently from the documents, about hundreds of years ago a rebellion against Asgard. Although Asgard won many battles, our kingdom eventually lost. Thus, King Odin at the time sent our kingdom into hiding. It was for the best but overall a sad affair for our people.

Looking back at those documents i realized that the age range of those people also varied from thousands of years of age. Meaning that even some of the people in my current rule remember my ancestors time as monarchs. Odd.

Snapping out of my thoughts of Asgard, i turned to Colin.

Colin practically raised me beside my mother and father. If they were or weren't there he definitely was. I couldn't thank this man more. He was my one true friend. Besides Blacksmith of course. Blacksmith was an odd case. I met the man when i was very young.

(Flashback)

I ran away from the Colin as fast as i could. I was NOT going to take any more lectures about being a "king" from father. Especially not discussing betrotheds. Girls were nasty. I was only five namedays. I don't even want to be seen with a girl.

As i looked behind me laughing all the way at the chaos i caused, i ran straight into what felt like a wall, and landed on my arse.

I slowly looked up to see a man towering over me covered head to toe in armor. I saw his black beady eyes look at me as if i were a hellspawn. I didn't know what to do.

Feet stopped behind me and grabbed my ear. The stinging pain made me shoot my eyes to my new problem.

My mother.

"RUNNING AWAY FROM LESSONS ARE WE ?! WELL I'LL SEE TO IT THAT YOU'LL FIND THIS PUNSIHMENT INTERESTING HOW DOES THAT SOUND ?!?"

As she yapped and screeched into my sparking ear, i couldn't take my eyes away from the man. He seemed eight feet tall at LEAST. His black armor made him seem even more threatening. If that was even possible.