Chapter Twelve: Burn them all

After the funeral, we all sat at a feast held for winning the war against the dead. As well as the cost of those battles. Of course many were not in a festive mood but those assumptions were quickly resolved with Wine and food.

I sat at the head of the long and giant table where heroes alike sat with one another. Of course other small tables were spread around but mainly for games or quiet times with loved ones. I did notice Jaime, Brienne, Podrick and Tyrion at a seperate table. Probably playing a very offensive drinking game.

Tormund, beard dripping with alcohol, is bragging to asgardians and northerners alike about Jon Snow. Riding Rhaegal was a main aspect.

I caught the envious eyes of Daenerys and it was then i noticed. She was envious of his hold on the people. Commoners fear a Targaryen. It doesn't matter which side the coin is flipped on, it's still fear that is laced in their hearts. She wants to be loved. I needed to talk with her soon.

Speaking of love i turned to Sansa and grinned happily as she giggled with Margaery. Of course, i didn't trust the thorn queen completely but i still held respect for her. Even if it was a slight amount of respect.

I felt a strong arm wrap around my neck putting me in a choke hold causing the feast to stop. However, i grinned. I knew who this was.

I flipped the body over me and the 'attacker' landed on the table in a heap. Like a sack of potatoes no less. I looked down to see a beautiful woman eith raven hair and grey eyes. It was Lady Sif. My sister in all but blood. I let out a hearty laugh confusing everyone around. Everyone but the Asgardians who roared in laughter and chants.

"Well if it isn't Lady Sif," i quirked with a smile.

"And if it isn't KING (Y/N)," she whipped. I helped the warrior off the table and we both clapsed hands and gave each other a hug. It was so nice to see her again. After we both pulled back from our hug it seems she took that time to speak.

"I heard about Colin and Blacksmith," she started, "i assure you they rest behind the gates of valhalla my king."

"Don't call me that," i whined.

"Do you prefer your grace ? King of the lost lands ? One-"

"Hell of a swordsman," i cringed as we both laughed our souls away. Finally our mirth faded and she started a new conversation.

"I've been gone for so long i almost forgot what your voice sounded like. Last time i saw you was in your bed during your 'long slumber'," Sif jested. "Let's see 'er then."

"See who ?," i gulped. Sif hit my shoulder.

"You know who, this battle axe i've been hearing about or is it a war hammer ?"

I laughed before sticking my hand out. Sif's excitement died slightly but i held up a finger.

"Just wait," i laughed. Suddenly, i felt the long wooden handle in my hand. I didn't waver my look from Sif. I studied her reaction with a look of mirth swirling in my eyes.

Sif's eyes were wider then the pools of the sea and her mouth agape like a fish. Slowly though, her eyes softened and her mouth closed into a cocky smirk.

"I have to say I'm jealous," she admitted.

"Lady Sif ? Jealous ? Please."

"Whatever," she laughed "i have to assist with the Valkyries with supplies."

As she walked away she caught the lustful looks of many men. Tormund included. However, she only gave one man a glance back. A man i didn't expect but glad that she chose.