Chapter Ten: The Night King

(Click on the second slide to listen to the night king)

______________________________________

I looked into the foggy and dark distance from atop the balcony. The horns sounded off in my ears as if they rang like tolls from hell. This was it. My rematch with the Night King.

I looked down to see the armies were already in my formation. The armies stood behind the catapults and trenches. They were split into factions. One side held Dothraki who grasped arakhs as their weaponry. What had me worried though, was the lack of dragonglass or valariyan steel. The other side held Northerners and Wildlings. You can hear their rustling about, their impatient minds filled with the adrenaline of an animal. The third side held Unsullied. They stood still, almost like statues. Completely unmoving. Lastly, my Asgardian army stood with their weapons and their shields. Some sat on horses while others took the ground. They looked ready. I knew Colin and the Blacksmith were already down there. Probably in the front lines. It did no justice to crush my worry. I noticed that Daenerys nor Jon were around. Good. It means they are where they should be.

I felt a presence to my left and turned my eye to see Arya standing there, staring out into the distance at the incoming dead.

"Arya," My deep voice rasped. She turned to meet my eyes with her steely grey ones. She looked at my bare arms and has the audacity to smirk.

"No armor ?," she snarked.

Before i could respond i caught sight of a horse walking towards the Dothraki. Noticing my silence, Arya also silently watched.

Upon closer inspection i realized this mysterious rider was non other than Melisandre.

'How did she leave Asgard ?,' i thought.

Suddenly, flames spread all around. The arakhs of the dothraki lit with lively flames. Their horses screamed as the dothraki became loud with anticipation and rage.

'They are blood thirsty now,' i thought. 'I don't know how long it will be until they act rashly.'

Luckily, they still managed to stay behind the trenches. Though, that didn't cease their glares at the impending doom.

Melisandre rode into Winterfell with a blank look on her face. Her eyes gazed into mine before looking back ahead into the gates of Winterfell. I couldn't help but feel remorse for her.

"OPEN THE GATE!," Davos yelled. Arya looked at the onion king with a weird almost suspicious look while i went down to meet with the red woman. My feet trudged against the wooden steps before i met the red haired witch half way.

"What are you doing here ?," i whispered to her harshly "You need to be at Asgard where it is safe. Where you can live."

Melisandre looked up at me with a certain sadness and determination in her eyes. She placed her hand on my cheek tenderly as she gave me an unwavering stare.

"My time has been long overdue (Y/N).  I shall die before the dawn of the new age," she muttered. Slowly she kissed my cheek lovingly. Her lips were close to my ear as she had a new song to sing.

"Out of my years of living (Y/N) i really did love you, i want you to know that before i'm gone."

With that the woman walked right up the steps to meet the angry head of Ser Davos. However, as they talked and eventually walked away, i didn't notice that i still stood right where Melisandre left me. She was going to die. My heart belongs to all of my women and i can't bare the thought of one of them dying. My hands clenched in anger but nonetheless i relented. I didn't want her to go and yet i knew it was her time. What if it was Arya or Daenerys who were next in this battle.