Ethan Hwang(1)

Requested by: @-allthingsnice

Ethan Hwang and I have been friends since we were 10. We both love acting and one day I randomly suggested we audition for this show I heard about. Having never been fully commited to the idea, I wasn't sure what to do when we actually got parts. He got the part of young Ben/ Number Six and I got the part of neighbour to the hargreeves/Ben's love interest: Camilla Smith. I had always known this would happen but I didn't think it would be soon but here we were, about to film our first kiss. I would remember this kiss forever, here I am kissing my best friend and the guy I've developed a crush on for the first time and it's going to be on TV... Millions of people are going to see my first kiss ever. Evidently, I'm not looking forward to it because even if it doesn't go horrifically wrong, I'm going to be teased endlessly by the rest of the cats because I think they can tell I like him and think it's funny. Cracking my knuckles and fiddling with the hem of my pinafore I panic about the upcoming scene. We're currently on the set for Griddy's donuts. In this scene, the young Hargreeves have snuck out of the house after a partcicularly stressfull mission and brought Camilla with them. Ethan walks over and puts his hand supportivly over mine and pulls it away from my skirt. 

"Hey Y/N it's going to be okay, it won't be awkward. I promise, you're my bestfriend, it won't be weird." He soothed but managed to make me more anxious. Bestfriend, that's all I was to him.

"Y/N, Ethan, everyone get ready please" The director called from his chair. We all scrambled into the small booth. "And... Action!"

~ ~ ~

The Hargreeves siblings and the only person outside of their home they communicated with often enough to have a substantial relationship with: Camilla Smith. squashed themselves into the tiny booth. Allison, Luther, Klaus and Ben on one side and Five, Vanya, Diego and Camilla facing them on the other side. Five was talking about the mission to Vanya, Allison and Luther not so subtly flirted with each other as Klaus and Diego argued over which donut was best.

"So then Ben went into the vault..." Five explained to Vanya, effectivly ignoring everyone but her who he had deemed the least irritating. Which was affectionate compared to his remarks on his other siblings/fellow academy members.

"I thought it was really cool what you did today Luther" Allison batted her eyelashes as Luther's blush increased in severity,

"CHOCOLATE!"

"NO, Rasberry Jelly all the way."

"CHOCOLATE!"

"Shut up Klaus!"

"CHOCOLATE!"

Amongst these hectic conversations, Camilla noticed Ben was staring at the ground in silence. Grabbing his hand she slipped away from the booth and took him to the bar.

"Are you okay Ben?" She asked, still holding onto his hand, "You look shaken up, did something happen?" Ben shrugged in response leaving both questions painfully unanswered. "I'm here for you"

"I know, thank you Camilla"

"Ben, this might not be the best time as your siblings are almost certainly watching us but I, I care about you and I really hate to see you upset because... I like you." I breathed, in relief from the secret I'd been holding in this whole time.

After an awkward silence, in which I waited for a response or acknowledgement and he just grinned, he replied:

"I like you too Camilla and not just in a 'hey she's nice' way but in a 'hey... she's nice' way" he said, still shy even though I had just opened myself up to him.

"Can I kiss you?" I asked, miraculously not nervous anymore. In fact, I was more confident than I had ever been.

"I'm not going to say no" He smiled back. Wrapping my arms around the back of his neck, I leant in slowly as he put his hands onto my hips. We kissed softly at first, I wanted to kiss him more but I remembered we were in a public space with his siblings when I heard slow clapping and whooping coming from Klaus.

"YAY, Benny-Boy had his first kiss! Woooooo" He shouted, oblivious to the disgruntled stares of the other customers. Turning out of the kiss I flipped my middle finger up at Klaus

~~~

"And... Cut! That was brilliant, we'll let you know if we need to do any reshoots."

"Uhm" I said rubbing my hand on the back of my neck, the massive blush I'd been repressing creeping back onto my cheeks.

"Uhm indeed" He replied, "Listen Y/N, I wanted to tell you and I thought this might be the least awkward time but... I like you and not just in a 'hey she's nice' way but in a 'hey... she's nice' way"

"Did you just quote your character to tell me you like me?" He nodded a blush mirroring mine on his face. "Well, to quote Camilla, I care about you... because I like you" 

"As long as we're still quoting Camilla, Can I kiss you?"He said with a grin on his face, not dissimilar to his earlier grin.

"I'm not going to say no" 

Putting his hand on my cheek and the other around my waist and leant in for the kiss, but this time it felt more real like it was Ethan and Y/N not Ben and Camilla. 

"Uh hm" The director coughed, "As cute as this is we have another scene to film her so I'm going to have to ask you to leave."

We laughed and ran off set, hand in hand leaving our cast members in our dust.