twenty | truth or dare and daughters of Aphrodite

hazel

Hazel woke up before the sun. Frank's head was laying in her lap and his arms were tucked into the blanket and his nose was red. He got cold easily. It was something that she liked about him, but it also meant that she never got any of his sweaters- he always tried to take hers.

Others were milling around the small campsite. Michael Yew stumbled trying to stand and sat back down rubbing his eyes. Hazel giggled at that. He reminded her a lot of Will, and the two together looked like an Apollo cabin get-together.

Harry and Ginny were yawning and shaking others awake.

"Guys," Ginny mumbled. "Get up."

"What?" Ron leaned back and fell of the log. Hermione squeaked and fell with him, right onto his chest. His arm wrapped back around her and he pulled her closer and mumbled, "Why?"

Hermione turned red and tried to wiggle out of his grasp, but Ron held tight.

"We're playing a game." Harry had a large smile plastered on his face, but it was broken with a yawn.

"It's like...two in the morning," Neville choked on his snore.

"One forty-five." Percy looked at his watch.

He and Will were still sitting right where they'd been when Hazel had fallen asleep. Neither boy looked as wiped with sleep as the rest of them. Both seemed to have never even lied down.

That just made Hazel more worried. Percy had been hiding in the shadows lately, keeping quiet and not at all himself. The only time she saw him was in joint classes with the Slytherins, and even then he sat among the green cladded students rather than with her or Will.

She also knew that Will was worried. Not just about Percy, but about Nico and the others back home. Hazel knew that he'd gotten his dad's healing abilities (and absolutely no musical talent- that boy could destroy a saxophone), but sometimes she figured he had some kind of prophecy abilities too. When something bad was about to happen, he got a fidgety and worried a ton. Will had already told Hazel and Nico that they were talking crazy- his dad focused his prophetic powers on girls. Nico had rolled his eyes and mentioned Octavian, which didn't help their case.

"Hey," Frank muttered with a smile. Hazel smiled back down at him.

"Hey to you, too."

Bianca sat up quick and smacked Michael in the face with her head. Michael groaned and just laid back down despite his already bruising chin. Bianca rubbed her head and sighed, leaning back onto the log behind her.

Hazel had always been jealous of Bianca di Angelo. She was Nico's real sister. She was the one everyone at Camp Half-Blood paid their respects too. She was the one that risked literally everything for her new family. Hazel knew she would never live up to that. Bianca di Angelo had always seemed like a myth to her, someone who only existed in the stories Nico told in the cabin for no one else to hear. When she saw the daughter of Hades for the first time, Hazel almost puked. She'd gotten a wave of nervousness and had to grab ahold of one of the girls sitting next to her, Megan. The poor girl then made Hazel go to Madam Pomfrey. Hazel had missed a very important Astronomy lesson (the boys kept telling her that she needn't pay attention- they weren't being quizzed- but she kept doing the assignments anyway).

Percy laughed and helped Bianca up. She shoved him in the shoulder and smiled.

"You want us to play Truth or Dare..." Jason asked, exasperated, "at one forty-five in the morning?"

Harry shrugged. "We were supposed to play earlier, but everyone fell asleep."

"For a good reason," Ron muttered. "It was late!"