forty-one | furious families and Luke Castellan

ron

Ron didn't know what to do with his fingers.

He and Hermione still hadn't told his family that they were dating, and Ginny hadn't used it as blackmail yet, so sitting here in this room with his brothers, parents, Ginny, Hermione, and McGonagall and Dumbledore, he didn't know if it would be appropriate to wrap an arm around his girlfriend's shoulders.

So instead he opted to twirling his wand in his hands, hoping that his mother wouldn't be to mad when Dumbledore explained what was happening. He was also hoping that Dumbledore would be the one explaining, not him and Hermione (mainly because they didn't really know what was going on).

"Why have you called us here?" Charlie asked.

Ron was still marveling that all of his family was here. It was rare that all of the Weasleys got together, even for a family event. He figured the next time would be at some wedding, whoever got married first, Charlie, Bill...the twins? Ron smiled at that. He figured he'd be married way before the twins even considered it.

Then he glanced at Hermione, who was also fidgeting and had that crease in her forehead she got when she was worried. He'd seen it too many times. She liked to say he and Harry were going to give her wrinkles. She was right.

"We need to discuss Harry," Dumbledore said, "We're just waiting on Remus."

Ron perked up at that. He hadn't known Lupin was coming, but now it made sense that he would be here. Ron wondered if he was bringing Sirius.

"What about Harry?" His mom asked. She turned to the kids. "Why isn't he here?"

Ginny was looking at her hands, messing with a thread bracelet that Hazel had made for her. The Hufflepuff had made one for everyone, actually. Ron looked down at his, the red and gold thread seemed to move in the knots. He was quite fond of it. Hermione's was purple and blue, her two favorite colors- though Ron wasn't sure how Hazel had known that, Ron hadn't even known- and it was braided differently. Ron, being the boy that he was, wasn't sure what to call it.

Hazel had also made one for Harry. She was holding onto it until he got back.

"He won't be joining us, no," McGonagall said. She pointed a look in the student's direction. "There will be some faces in here that you have never seen before that will be explaining some things."

As if on cue, Annabeth, Jason, Frank, Hazel, Will, Rachel, Draco, and Reyna walked into the room. They smiled lightly at Ron's family, even Draco. That was the thing about having to work together, they'd actually gotten to know the blonde nuisance. He was actually a pretty cool guy. Draco and Ron nodded to each other, their faces sullen. Right behind them came Remus and, surprisingly, Sirius.

"Sirius," Dumbledore began, but the man waved his hand in the professors face.

"I'm already here," he negotiated. Must be a good tactic, because Dumbledore shut his trap.

Ron's dad was looking between Draco and Ron, as if trying to figure everything out, but as smart as his dad was, Ron was sure he'd never get this one.

Bill and Charlie leaned back in their chairs. "So what's going on?" Bill asked.

"Because it seemed serious," George said.

"And we should probably get started," Fred finished.

"Let everyone take a seat." McGonagall motioned to everyone to sit around her classroom. They were going to have the meeting in Dumbledore's office, but he was sure there'd be too many people. Now Ron was glad they hadn't argued with him, but he was still worried about a student walking in.