thirty-seven | insanity and crushes

draco

Annabeth was insane. Draco knew that now.

He didn't understand how these demigods did it. She was giving him new jobs faster than he could finish the old ones. "More books," she'd say, "we need to find where they are!" Then, three seconds later, "Draco, could you fetch Dumbledore?"

Draco was running on three biscuits and two hours of sleep. His dorm mates were starting to get suspicious. This wasn't going to cut it for much longer.

"So Percy just up and left?" Blaise asked. The two boys were wandering the corridors. Draco had said he wanted to go for a walk, but really he just wanted some company while he looked at the paintings for clues.

"He had an emergency with some stuff back home." Partially true. "That's what Annabeth said." She had told him to say this.

"And Potter just happens to be missing too?" Blaise raised his eyebrows.

They had tried to keep it out of the mainstream gossip of the school, but that hadn't lasted long. As soon as the damn fourth years caught wind that Harry Potter and Percy Jackson were missing, everyone knew.

"I guess," Draco said. He hated lying to these boys, they were his best friends. He didn't keep much from them.

"Anyway," Blaise changed the subject, "where have you been?"

Draco shrugged. "Around."

"Around." Blaise nodded. "Very mysterious."

Draco laughed, but Blaise grabbed his arm. There was a girl walking down the hall towards them. It was hard to make out who it was, which only made Draco more sure of who it was. He laughed. "Reyna!"

The girl raised her head and broke into a smile. "Hey, Draco." She had a cloak on, something that not many wizards donned in everyday attire, but Draco knew she was no wizard.

Blaise smiled at her, a different smile that he gave everyone else. "Hey, Ramirez- Arellano."

She smirked at him and nodded. "Zambini."

Blaise's ears tinted red. Draco looked back and forth between them. Then he realized...Blaise Zambini had a crush on Reyna Ramirez-Arellano! Draco stifled a snort. 

"Where have you been?" Draco asked her. "Will and Nico have been looking everywhere for you."

"Hazel, Will, and I had class. I guess Will forgot all about it, though, because he didn't show," Reyna explained.

"That's only an hour!" Draco complained. "Where have you been all day?"

Reyna laughed. "Oh! I was in the common room."

"Will checked there," Draco shot her down.

Blaise fidgeted next to him. Draco narrowed his eyes. Reyna frowned at him. "I spent some time in the library earlier."

Draco thought for a moment. Annabeth hadn't assigned Reyna to books or the library. Reyna was more of a fighting girl, more of a confronting personality, so she'd been talking to the elves and the paintings. There was no reason for her to have been in the library.

"Hey..." Draco realized another thing, and turned to Blaise. "You told me you spent the morning in the library!"

Blaise's blush spread from his ears to cover his whole face. He sputtered, but Reyna put her hands up. "Whoa, whoa, whoa. Blaise helped me find some books for the joint Herbology class we have."

Blaise nodded a little too enthusiastically. Reyna bit back a smile. Draco was positive she was lying- the demigods didn't do the classwork. She seemed to know Draco saw right through her, but they didn't have to tell Blaise that.