CHAPTER 20 - Late

The sun streaming through the windows, the curtains still as ever, the room dead silent. Caught in a state of drowsiness and peaceful confusion your begin to stir, the sheets above you twisting as you move slowly. You swore you had fallen asleep on top of the covers. Pushing yourself up you sit up to face the city below you. You slip from the bed gracefully pulling the covers with you, wrapping them around your shoulders like some kind of cape. Moving to the window you cross your arms over your stomach and stare out. It was like standing on the edge of a cliff, one wrong move and everything would be over. You touch your hand to the glass leaving a smudge.

"(Y/N)?" A not so gentle knocking comes from the other side of the door. You sigh pulling away from the glass and saunter to the bedroom door, the sheet-like cape still pulled around your shoulders. You pull open the door revealing your father who is leaning up against the door frame. "Good morning...Thor?" He frowns and crosses his arms. Scoffing you roll your eyes and walk back towards the bed letting yourself fall back onto it. "As much as you want to sleep, unfortunately..." You pull the covers over your eyes and groan as he starts tugging at the sheet. "You have to go to school, which if I remember correctly was your personal choice."

"Go away." You croak groggily as he rips the covers away. You squint into the sunlight.

"C'mon kid." He bundled the sheets and threw them to the floor. "(Y/N)." He shook you as you didn't move. He rested his hands on his hips and bowed his neck to one side. Tony yanked the soft pillow from under your head and hit you with it softly. "Up."

"Dad!" You whined trying to roll away from the comedically soft impact.

"How about I get the cold water?" You instantly sat up and jumped out of bed. The threat of cold water always worked on you. You happened to have had that done before and knew he was dead serious.

"Nope, no, I-I'm good." You stood up before him, your hair sticking out messily and untidy.

"You sure?" You put your hands up like a surrender.

"Yep, see. I am up!" You force a smile onto your face.

"Good." He moved towards the door and yelled out to you once he had just left. "It's eight by the way." Your eyes widened at the revelation that you would probably be late to school.

"Are you kidding me?!" You shout after him, slamming the door so you could get changed. Running over to the walk-in wardrobe you slide open the door with haste. Your eyes darting around to find what to wear. At this time in the morning, it took Happy around an hour to drive from Upper East Side to Forest Hills. Especially in this kind of traffic. Yanking the first thing you could find from a coat hanger and aggressively opening every drawer until you could find a pair of pants, you managed to make it to the bathroom still trying to hop through a leg hole. You groom a brush through your hair as you brush your teeth – the white foam almost spilling onto your clean shirt.

Cursing under your breath you grabbed your normal phone off the charger and slid it in your pocket. You look for your backpack but don't see it anywhere causing you to stride out onto the walkway still trying to slip on a shoe.

"Dad?" You call out as you run down the stairs. "Where's my bag." He mumbles something in reply but he's too far away to hear. "Never mind!" You spot it sitting slumped over at the back of the couch. Scooping it up by the strap you jog to the elevator where you press the down arrow. You didn't even have time for breakfast let alone check the fridge for some lunch and there was no point in even trying to find your wallet since it was always empty. What was the need for cash or card when your father was a multi-billionaire and you only travelled between school and home. You groan as you wait for the elevator to come up, but when it does you are met by a not so happy Hogan.