CHAPTER 25 - Intern for Mr. Stark

So Endgame ended me. I was genuinley traumatized, so yeah. Also while it was fresh in my mind I wrote the real real ending to this book. Everytime I went to write something here I burst into tears but I'm ok now...mostly. Some people move on, but not us.

Also THANK YOU SO MUCH for 1.1K HOLY CRAP, I have no idea how I've reached that. I love you all 3000!

Feel free to rant about endgame right here [] as to not spoil it for others if you want! Just get all those repressed emotions out.

---

You leant against the wall next to the library as Peter had briefly run off to the bathroom. He had told you to go in without him but you'd rather wait since the idea of sitting quietly in a room full of people you didn't know did not sound pleasing. Though it wasn't any different from normal, no different from the first day of attending Midtown Tech. You considered the possibility that you were starting to depend on Peter too much, or maybe you just enjoyed his company.

Either way, you still waited for him.

"Hey, you didn't go in?" He called from around the corner.

"You're the one that dragged me here, besides I think I'm starting to enjoy being your tag along." You grinned at him as he stopped by the doorway.

"T-Technically it was Ned." He mumbled. Pushing yourself away from the wall you paced slowly over to him. "And you arethe one that said you wanted to come."

"I know, I know."

"Speaking of Ned?" He asked as he searched the hall for him before gazing through the window into the library.

"His mum called, said it was something urgent so he went home."

"Oh." Peter sighed. "Is everything alright with him?"

"I guess." You shrugged. "He didn't look overly concerned, but maybe text him later." Just as you finished your sentence Peter's phone vibrated. Swiftly he slipped it from his pocket.

"Guess who?" He chuckled.

"Ned?" He nodded as you leant towards him to get a better angle at the text message. Sure enough, it was from him. "Oh my god Pete." You gazed over the screen of his phone noticing all the cracks – some so severe that you could actually see the inside of the phone.

"W-What?" A wave of sudden concern washing over him, had the text said something important that he had missed?

"What happened to your screen?" He sighed with relief as he put it back in his pocket.

"Oh, I, uhm. I fell."

"You fell huh? That must've been one hell of a fall for your phone to crack like that."

"S-Something like that." Silence fell between the two of you as you rock back and forth on your heels.

"We should go in before it starts to get awkward...they're all looking at us." You whispered to him as he glanced through the window to see their staring faces. He nodded quickly with a grimace as you let him lead the way into the room. Chatter continued between the other members as you both pulled out a seat next to each other. The table was wedged between bookshelves filled with fictional tales from various writers. Some intrigued you as you scanned over them briefly whilst others made you wonder how they even made publishing. "Oh great..." You muttered.

"What?" Peter looked over at you.

"He's here." You glared over at the boy who went by the name Flash. His eyes contacted yours before quickly finding something else to look at. Peter watched the display and chuckled lightly to himself finding amusement in the feud between the two of you.