CHAPTER 32 - Hi Spider-Man

"Hi, Spider-Man."

Peter looked up suddenly, his eyes widening with excitement as what he thought was his mind playing tricks on him was in fact reality. Everything was blurry in your vision, but Peter had come close enough for you to get a good look at. The muscles in your face ached as you formed your lips into a smile.

"Miss Stark!" He almost yelled.

"Miss Stark? That's new." You chuckled softly which turned into a coughing fit since you hadn't spoken in a few weeks. But you weren't in pain for the most part, the constant stream of painkillers had numbed it. Peter looked around frantically searching for something to soothe you.

"I-I'll get you some water!" He stood up and raced out the door and burst into the walkway which overlooked the main living space where Tony was sitting on the couch messing around with a hologram. Peter's sudden entrance broke Tony's attention away from his work. Tony frowned as he shifted around to look up at the walkway.

"Everything alright, kid?" Peter stood breathlessly, holding onto the railing.

"She's awake!" Tony blinked a few times before pushing himself up off the couch and jogging towards the stairway with haste. Peter had to side step out of the way as Tony burst into the bedroom. His eyes lit up, life pooling back into him as he saw your glum but smiling face. He slowed his pace as he came to you side. You stared up at him with glazy eyes.

"H-Hey dad." His lips pursed into a smile, his head tilting slightly to the side. "Since when did Pete call me Miss Stark?" Tony shook his head in disbelief, a wider smile gracing his tired face. "You need to shave."

"That's seriously the first thing you're concerned about."

"What? S-Should I be more concerned about the fact that Peter knows who I am and that I almost died." Tony's smile faded.

"Do you remember what happened?" You tried to shrug but your movements were weak. Peter lurked in the doorway rocking back and forth on his heels anxiously waiting.

"I remember all of it." You moved your hand slightly to try and reach out to your father. "Everything bad that's ever happened to me...it was like I was reliving it over and over again." He watched you closely as he reached out a hand and enclosed it around yours comfortingly.

"It's okay."

"But then...I started to hear voices." You recounted what you could remember from the coma. That was a scientifically proven fact, sometimes people in comas could hear the world around them – can even have a state of consciousness of some sort. "Your voices." You glanced over to Peter. "And they helped me. Made me realise that I was stuck in some hellish nightmare. I can remember things that you said to me, things that Pete said to me. And it made me want to fight, because what's the point of living if I'm in a world where you aren't."

"(Y/N) ..." He whispered not being able to find the right words to say. Finding out that your daughter would rather die than be in a world without you was something that took time to process. You breathed deeply and gazed up at the ceiling.

"It's so bright in here." You groaned as the lights seemed to intensify. Tony glanced over at Peter and nodded. Peter searched around for the light switch and flicked it off causing darkness to pool throughout the room, only the city's lights from outside illuminating it – expect for something else. "Dad...what is that?" You began to panic slightly as you rolled your eyes down trying to search for the source of the glowing blue light. "W-What is that...why are my blankets glowing blue...Dad?" He grimaced and sighed. "That's...That's an arc reactor isn't it." You spoke quietly as you searched his eyes for answers. "What happened to me?" There was no point hiding the truth. Tony rubbed a hand reluctantly across his face before resting his chin on his elbow.