CHAPTER 27: We're Stark's

1.5K whaaaaat???

ALSO (sorry shameless self-promo but hear me out) I have an art account on Instagram now and it's primarily Marvel based and has Tony Stark content so it'd be really awesome if you could check it out (only if you want to) it's @JustStarkMate

I'm just starting out but I've already improved a tonne and hopefully will get even better!

---

Nicholas J. Fury strode into the dark room at Shield headquarters, it's only light source was the light fade from the computer screens, mouses clicked and keyboards clucked as his coat swirled around him. He came to a stop beside one of the agents he trusted the most.

"How are we going?" He mummed running a hand over his bald scalp.

"Not too good sir." The agent replied quietly. "Maybe if I knew what this was actually about I'd be able to help more." Fury sighed and adjusted his posture. Even though it was someone inside his small circle of loyal agents, something as big as Tony Stark's daughter had to remain a secret at all costs, he had a promise to keep.

"Just tell me what you've found out." The agent looked back to their computer and opened some files to show his boss.

"There hasn't been much significant activity, but something recent has come up. In Afghanistan, there has been recent talk about the Ten Rings and their potential return...other than that, nothing else. It's just chatter."

"Well..." Fury crossed his arms. "Keep up the work, find out as much as you can."

"Sir." The agent responded to his order. Fury turned on his heels and begun walking towards the exit. "What are you going to do now?"

"I got a house call to make."

---

Playfully, you punched your father's arm in response to a bad joke he had just made. He smirked down at you as you reached the apartment. The two of you were lost in conversation ignorant to the fact that Fury was standing by the lounge looking over old photographs Pepper had placed various surfaces. She often complained about how the house was too bleak, that it needed a touch of life. She had mellowed out over the years, everything used to be so different but now...it was even better.

"Fury?" You dropped the conversation as you spotted the tall dark and brooding man. Slowly, he placed the picture frame back down on the surface and turned to face you. Your father's eyebrows creased, he knew Fury was the type to make unexpected house calls but not always for the best of reasons.

"So, you're breaking into places now huh?" Tony stared at the man as he moved away from you and stood across the room from Fury.

"Stark, I've been breaking into places because you even knew what that was."

"Uh-huh." Stark crossed his arms and shifted his weight. "Want a ginger ale? Tea? I'm a changed man these days you know?"

"So I've heard." Fury scoffed. "We need to talk." Seriousness falling upon the room as he paced towards your father. "Alone." Tony shook his head and put an arm around you.

"Anything I hear she hears, the kid's staying." Your lips pursed into a thin line as Fury sighed and shoved his hands into his coat pockets.

"Have it your way Stark." He moved towards the window and stared out, the two of you loosely followed. "There's been some talk about the Ten Rings re-emergence according to some of my men."

"Anything else?" Tony didn't seem surprised contrary to your arising questions. "Tell me, do you remember Aldrich Killian?" Your father paused for a second getting lost in his own thoughts. "Stark?"