six || just the two of us

This has been going on for three months. Yoongi and Jimin have been hanging out with each other, a lot more than the usual. Jimin has been really happy to able to spend his time with the music prodigy, not letting any second go to waste and making it count.

Meanwhile, on the other side of his happiness, Hoseok remains alone, curling up in a ball and crying all of his tears out, contemplating about his life.

He wanted to cry, and that's what he did. He released all of his bottled up emotions and somehow lightened the weight of his heavy heart. Hiding and locking himself inside his room and releasing all of his feelings through tears of sadness and jealousy.

Jimin doesn't know this, not even Jungkook or Jin. Not a single soul knew what he was truly feeling, all they knew was the mask that Hoseok wore every single day. Even though both Jungkook and Jin knew about Hoseok's crush on Jimin, they didn't know that he loved him THAT much to the point that he was hurting badly.

Yes, Hoseok and Jimin still hung out with each other, still does every day. They still walked to school together, talked to each other, just the same old normal routine they did every single school day, still given the same attention from his best friend.

Well... not really the same attention.

When they enter their school, Jimin's eyes would start scanning around the vicinity, looking for the one and only music prodigy he loves so much. It was a look of wonder and determination, which didn't please Hoseok.

He had always supported Jimin, ever since the start of the school year, ever since he admitted to having a crush on the musical prodigy. But as the days have passed, minutes turning into seconds, it wasn't the same motivated and happy support he had given him a few months ago.

Jimin noticed this, only on that day when Yoongi was absent. He wondered where the music prodigy was, saying to Hoseok that he was quite sad that Yoongi didn't come to school, and received an unexpected response of, 'Sheesh that's bad I hope he's okay.'

It wasn't that it was a bad reply, but his tone of voice was nothing but sarcastic. It made Jimin's heart tighten, wondering why his best friend didn't seem to care. After that reply, the silence grew in between them.

Something was wrong, that, Jimin could tell. It must be because he had focused the most of his attention towards Yoongi, rather than dividing it with Hoseok. Well, that was the only plausible situation he had in mind.

Hoseok tends to become bitter whenever he doesn't get enough attention from Jimin and it seems that it has gotten worse.

Now that Yoongi wasn't around, Jimin could put his attention on Hoseok without any distractions from his crush. Spending time with his best friend usually cheers him up and pulls him back to happy and energetic Hoseok he always knew.

It was Homeroom period right now and the teacher was talking about the upcoming prom, lecturing the students on how to be a gentleman and how to have proper etiquette during the event.

Jimin doesn't plan on going, he wasn't interested in these types of events where they would only allow 'straight' people to enjoy. Most school and formal events were like that and it was just disgusting.

Homophobia and discrimination at its finest.

He had heard that Jungkook and Taehyung are going to the event as stags and then after prom, they will go to Taehyung's house to have their own party—which Jimin guesses was just them cuddling with each other and making out. Jin also planned on going as a stag to prom and he heard from him that Yoongi wasn't going, which was one of the reasons why Jimin decided not to go.