eight || when the sky turns grey

BZZZZZZZZZ... BZZZZZZZZZ

He slammed his hand onto the drawer, meant to aim at his phone, but he completely missed. His hand wiped the surface and once he had found his phone, he grabbed it and turned it on. He looked at the screen as he rubbed his drowsy eyes.

He squinted his eyes as he read the time to himself, "11:00". He lets out a yawn, nodding to himself. He turned to his side and continued to sleep peacefully. It took a few more seconds for that information to sink in.

His eyes shot open at the sudden realization.

He jerked himself forward, sitting up. He turned his phone on to check the time again. Once this finally registered in his mind, he sprung out of his bed and ran to the bathroom.

Crap I'm late for school, I'm late for school—WAIT!

He stops by the doorway, knitting his eyebrows together, wondering what day it was. He turned his phone on again and checked. It was a Saturday.

So he got out of bed for nothing.

Despite this, Hoseok sighs in relief. Standing on the side of his bed, he fell on his back landing onto the mattress. He closes eyes and smiles, happy that he didn't have to be stressed about being late for school and did he have to worry about his teachers scolding him.

Today's a Saturday. He thought. He opens his eyes with his smile slowly fading. Yesterday was the day when Jimin confessed to Yoongi. He remembered how he had a sleepless night, couldn't stop worrying about Jimin and the confession he did. Did it go well? Did it go bad?

If Jin says that Yoongi's type is Jimin, then he can only hope for the best.

He turns his phone on once again and goes to the messaging app. He taps on the phone screen, typing a message to Jimin.

[ Jiminie ]

Hobi: Hey Jimin how are you?

Hobi: How was the confession?

Hobi: You know, I just woke up and, I know that it's bad haha.

Hobi: Jimin?

Hobi: Are you there bro?

Hoseok cocked his head to the side. Jimin usually replies immediately despite the time of day and how busy he is. This did confuse him until a thought came to mind—a thought to why he isn't replying.

It is either he is sleeping or, he is talking to Yoongi. Those were the only two reasons Hoseok could think of. He pulls himself up, frowning at the thought.

He wanted to be happy for his best friend, but he couldn't seem to remove that aching feeling in his heart. Two years he had loved Jimin, two years he had had been bottling up his feelings of him. Because of his cowardness, Jimin now belonged to the arms of someone else. His heart belonged to someone much better than him.

Depression, that's what he is feeling right now. Although he didn't want to go back to the stage of his life. When he took the pills and attempted to overdose himself. When his stomach churned, when his heart throbbed, when he fell onto the floor, everything darkened. He felt his world slipping away.

But then a bright light shone above him when he opened his eyes, a light that was blocked by a shadow of an angel.

He remembered seeing the angel who seemed to have pulled him out of his depressed state. He remembered how he thought that he was in heaven until he heard his voice. It was Jimin's. The look on his face, the worry, the fear, and how he started telling him off and crying, but those words he said went through Hoseok's ear because the only person he was thinking of at that moment was him.