Challenging the God Tongue

Y/N got to work. He cracked a few eggs and began to mix them quickly. He turned to face Soma and Soma seemed like he was preparing some rice.

Y/N: Did he forget the topic was eggs!?

Y/N turned back around and tried to focus on his own dish.

Y/N: No. I know how this works! He's probably going to make something really good. The topic was eggs. Eggs are a very flexible ingredient. You pretty much make anything with them.

Once Y/n finished with the mixing he stood there and put his finger on his chin.

Y/N: Alright think...what can I make with eggs!? An omelette would be too basic. So what?

Y/n turned back around to see Soma preparing some kind of chicken broth.

Y/N: He isn't slowing down! But I think I know what to do now!

Soma: Oh? It looks like Y/n has decided on a dish...good!

Y/N: I'll make a quiche! Everyone loves quiche right!?

Y/N nods to himself. Erina notices this but ignores it.

Hisako: You both have 10 minutes left!

Y/N dropped the cup he was holding and slowly turned to Hisako.

Y/N: T-TEN MINUTES!?

Erina: A chef is going to have to hit deadlines while they're cooking. Consider this practice.

Y/N: PRACTICE MY ASS! THIS IS TORTURE!

Erina's eyes narrowed and she didn't look impressed.

Erina: Is that anyway to speak to the god tongue?

Y/N: My dish is going to take at least 15 minutes

Erina: You get 10. Nothing more, nothing less.

Y/N: I think this whole god thing is going to this girl's head

Y/N noticed that Soma wasn't saying anything about the time. In fact, he noticed just how calm and confident Soma was.

Y/N: Soma said he wanted to pfove himself to his father.

Y/N looks down at his hands and then his dish. The quiche was almost done. But Y/N wanted to make the crust special for the dish. He stopped preparing the crust and looked over at Soma again.

Y/N: If I end up taking this from him....what would happen to him.
Maybe I should.....

Hisako: 5 minutes!

Y/N: Soma deserves this a lot more than me!

Y/N dives under the cupboard. He didn't know why he was doing this. But for some reason he was.

Hisako: That's time!

Y/N puts his hands behind his back and sighs. He turned to look at Soma who was staring at him.

Y/N: Did he see me!?

Soma gave Y/n a creepy smile. He nodded to Y/N.

Soma: Your dish certainly looks delicious. But can it compete with mine?

Y/N fakes a confident smirk and they present their dishes to Erina. When Y/n saw Soma's dish his heart sank.

 When Y/n saw Soma's dish his heart sank