Meeting my Dad

My father has the same wavy red hair that I do, but he has blue eyes, while I have green eyes. He's more tan than me, and a couple inches taller.
   "I'm sorry about your mother. She was too young to die." He says with his head down. "I suppose I'll show you to your room then." He walks up the old mahogany stairs and I follow. He passes three rooms, and then turns left down a hall way.
   At the end of the hall, is a light blue door with a shiny silver door knob. He steps aside and I open the door. The bedroom is perfect.
   There's a small twin sized bed, a chest of drawers, and a nightstand with a lamp on it. "It's not a lot, but you can make it your own however you want." He says.
   "I love it." I tell him, smiling. I plan on spending my free time painting on the walls, and maybe the ceiling and door. It's going to be beautiful.
   "You have to go to school tomorrow, sorry sweetheart. I enrolled you last week so everything is set up."
   I sigh. I hate school and I hate being the new girl. But I have to go. "Is there any places to get a job around here?" I ask. I need money for paint supplies.
   "I think they're hiring at the library. You could get a job there." He replies. I smile more. Maybe Willowbrooke won't be as bad as I thought.
   He gives me a backpack, a binder, and some pens and pencils and tells me that tomorrow morning I have to walk to school because he has a meeting. He gives me directions and tells me to take a shower and go to bed.
   In the shower, I think about what the school might be like. Maybe it will go okay tomorrow.