Home

Kieran's cottage was beautiful. It was small, and I feel like it fits her. It was only two rooms, a kitchen/living room and a bedroom.
   The kitchen was modest, with a microwave, oven, sink, a fridge, and a few cabinets. The living room had a love seat, which was black with red hearts embroidered on it.
   There was two windows, one in the kitchen and one in the living room. There was also a small table with two small chairs in the kitchen area, and a end table on each side of the couch with a lamp on each one.
   There was a fluffy blue rug under a black coffee table, and blue curtains over the windows.
   We walk into her bedroom, which also has a window with blue curtains, and a queen sized bed. The sheets are navy blue, and the blanket is the same blue as everything else, which also matches her hair.
   I realize now that there is also a bathroom, with a bathtub which functions as a shower, a sink, and a toilet. Her clothes rest in a small chest of drawers in her room, and there's a nightstand with a phone charger and a lamp on it.
   She seems sort of embarrassed, but I grin and hug her. "I'll make dinner, if you want?" She says, saying it more as a question.
   "I'll help you. What do you want to make?" We move around the small kitchen in harmony, a small radio playing old Taylor Swift songs. After twenty minutes, we each have a small piece of salmon and a sprite.
   I pull her seat out and she sits down, blushing. I sit down across from her and we enjoy our meal, talking about our favourite things and our lives.
   She says she wants to be a veterinarian when she graduates, and I tell her that I want to help animals in some way.
   We decide that we could open a small vet clinic in town square once we settle down. We begin to talk about kids.
   She says she wants two or three kids, and I agree, saying that eventually we can get a bigger house and go to the next town over to adopt a couple kids.
   I think we're definitely going to be happy together. We laugh and talk for about another hour, and she goes to take a shower while I throw out the paper plates we used.
   We didn't want to do the dishes. While she's in the shower, I wrote her a note.
   'Going to get some stuff from the house, be back in twenty-ish'. I place it on the bed, and then shift and make my way back to my dad's house.
   It takes five minutes to get there even though I walked the whole way, and ten minutes to get some clothes and a photo into a small suitcase. The photograph is from twelve years ago, a few months before dad disappeared.
   I grab Hannah, my dad's kitten, from her place in the window sill, and place her in a small carrier bag. Then, I make my way through the woods back to the cottage in human form.