You're an Adult Now

I step into the kitchen, only to see broken glass from a vase on the floor, and blood surrounding it. The broken glass crunches under my feet, but I barely feel it poking my skin.
   I can feel my heartbeat in my ears, and I feel the adrenaline in my body. "Jennie? Axel?" I call out, wondering if they're still here. I see a bloody handprint on the floor, and I know it's Axel's because of the size.
   I follow the trail of blood towards the staircase, where it gets heavier. Blood is spattered on the wall, and drips are on the railing and carpet. I see a single bloody handprint on the wall half way up the stairs, but this time it belongs to Jennie. I can see her bloody foot prints in the carpet when I get to the top of the stairs.
   I see bloody drag marks headed towards Axel's bedroom. I slowly follow it, seeing more and more blood as I go.
   "Axel?" I say. "Jennie? Where are you guys? What happened?" I call out again. I place my hand on the door, which was cracked open with red finger prints on it.
   I can tell that Axel grabbed the door from inside his room. The door freaks as I open it, and I nearly scream out when I see what's inside.
   I see Axel on the red-stained carpet, lying dead in a puddle of his blood with several knives jabbed into his back.
   I look around to find Jennie, now putting the pieces together. Nobody in this town hunts for deer. There's too many animal shifters for them to risk killing a person.
   Jennie killed her parents and Axel. I should've never trusted her. Axel's bedroom window was open, and I knew Jennie had left through the window and would most likely go to another town and kill more people.
   I send a short prayer up to help his soul go to wherever souls go after death. Then I call 911, and tell them that I already know he is dead, and I just need someone to take his body to a morgue.
   Ten minutes later, I was letting in paramedics to take the body of my last parent. I'm an orphan now, and as of today I can't be in foster care. I guess I'll have to get another job to pay for an apartment, or find my mate and move in with them as soon as possible.
   Orphaned on my eighteenth birthday. Talk about bad luck.