Willowbrooke Woods

After school, I decided it was a good idea to walk through the woods on the way to my dad's house. Maybe it wasn't a good idea.
It was normal at first, but then I started to hear barks and growls from a distance. I ignored it for a while, but they started getting closer. I stopped ignoring it when a wolf jumped in front of me and two more started circling me.
The grey one in front of me started coming towards me, and ended up backing me into a tree. I wasn't scared, I just figured it was a bad idea to anger random wild wolves.
I just stayed backed up against the tree. The wolves seemed semi-confused that I wasn't breathing hard or sweating or screaming. Out of no where, I heard a howl. That caught the wolves attention. They growled at me once more, and ran off.
I continued on my way to the house. When I got there, my dad was in the kitchen eating a microwave burrito.
"Hey there, kiddo. What took you so long?" He asks. He wasn't mad, he was just curious.
"I was cornered by some wolves. I took the route through the woods from school. But it's fine, I think they were just mad that I walked into their territory." I say nonchalantly.
"Maybe you shouldn't go through the woods then next time." He laughs. "Burrito?" He asks. I shake my head.
"I think I'm going to head up to the library. Can you tell me how to get there?" He gives me directions, and I head out.
I arrive at a small building. When I open the door, it's quiet. Until I hear a small crash from the back. There was nobody else in the library, so I walk to the back room.
"Hello?" I ask quietly. I hear another crash. I walk farther back. I see an old lady struggling to grab something from the top shelf. I reach up and grab it for her. It's Pride and Prejudice. I like her already.
After I got her settled, I introduced myself and mentioned needing a job. She agreed instantly, knowing she needed help.
So after a week or two I should have enough money to get some more art supplies. After my mom died, I didn't have a ton of time to grab my art stuff, so I have to buy more.
But that's okay. Plus I'm getting a lot of practice in my new art class. Becca seems like a great teacher, and I think Andi, Jonathan, Lyla, Kai, and Chloe are great people too. I think I made five friends on my first day.