Art Class

After meeting Andi, the day went by pretty quickly. At lunch, she invited me to sit with her and her friend group, which consisted of some... interesting characters.
   Jonathan, who wore a James Charles 'Sisters' hoodie, and Kai, who was quietly reading all lunch. There was also Lyla, who had dirty blonde hair braided down to her waist, and Chloe, who was happy all the time.
   Her friends are really nice. They didn't ask too many personal questions, and they just wanted to get to know me. Some of them were in my other classes, and I only had one class with none of them in it. Art.
   I had always loved art. My mother had majored in it in college, and she was always painting and drawing while I was growing up.
   The art teacher was a short woman named Miss Sanders, but she insisted we all call her Becca. She was really nice.
   "Okay you guys, come get a canvas from the front table." She says politely, and she waits until everyone complies. "You can use acrylic or oil paint for this, it doesn't really matter. I just want to challenge you." She stands in the front of the room.
   "I'm challenging your creativity. I'm not giving you something to paint. Figure that out by yourself. Have fun. You'll have the rest of the week to finish. Get started." I already know what I'm going to paint.
   I grab a cup and fill it with water, a dirty rag from the back counter, a container with pint brushes, and oil paints. I examine Becca as she walks around the room. She's covered in art supply mess. She has a paint brush behind her ear.
   She's wearing a old painting apron, and there's a light blue smudge of paint on her cheek. She's really beautiful, and I can tell that's she's passionate about her job.
   So I decide to paint her. I grab the colors needed for her light mocha skin, and paint the basics of her body. I make her facing an easel, and she's painting something. I paint the concentration on her face, and her freckles, and her curly dark brown hair.
   As the class is coming to an end, I'm no where close to done, I see that a bunch of students have barely begun to paint. I start to paint her bright blue eyes.
   Five minutes left in the class. I draw out the paintbrush in her hair. And the paint on her cheek. Tomorrow I will paint her apron and the backdrop. I'm in love with the painting so far.

   I decided to make Sabrina an artist because art is one of the only things that makes me truly happy, so now it makes Sabrina truly happy as well.