When Dead People Send Letters

Sabrina,
If you're reading this, I am dead. I should have told you something a long time ago and I didn't. And I'm sorry.
   Your father is a very famous wizard, and I was a powerful person in the shifter community. Yes, shifter. As in person who can turn into an animal.
   Before I died, I was a tiger shifter, which is an endangered species. Your father did some magic on you while you were in my womb to try to make sure you wouldn't be supernatural, but after watching you grow up I know he failed.
   I'm fairly certain that you are a shifter, although it's impossible to know what animal spirit you have until after you shift. I gift you this necklace to wear for the rest of your life. It was mine, and my mother's and her mother's. I hope you have a long, happy life, and find your mate.
   Your father will answer the rest of your questions to the best of his ability.           Love, Mom

   I grab a necklace that was inside of the envelope. It has a short gold chain, and a tear drop ruby in the center. It's gorgeous. I put it on, and it brings back memories of my mother. She was a tiger shifter, and my father is a wizard. Okay. I don't think I can do this, but I'll try.
   I'm suddenly so overwhelmed with emotions that I start crying. I'm mad, sad, happy, and exhausted. I don't know what to think. I hear my dad talking, but I don't know what he's saying. I can't understand him. He sound far away and foggy.
   I fall out of my chair at the table. I can see anything. A burning pain starts rippling through my body. I hear something break. It sounded like bones?  Oh my god I didn't sign up for this.
   I think I'm crying, but I don't know. What's happening? I try yelling out but no sounds leaves my body. The pain starts getting worse, and instead of rippling through my body, it's tearing its way through me. I'm sweating, and I'm in the worse pain of my life. I don't hear my father's voice anymore.
   I start freaking out. So I'm having a panic attack in the middle of my panic attack. How fun. I black out from emotions and white hot pain.

   Okay kinda intense chapter, eh? That sounded so Canadian. Next chapter coming soon. Photo above = necklace from the envelope.