ONE

🐶
O N E
a bed with egyptian cotton sheets, please.

PARIS; THE RICH, JEWELLERY DESIGNING, DOGS, NEYMAR AND...

"I am so sorry, Lola, I really am." poor Kylian really did look devastated. "That new bed for our guest room was supposed to come three days ago! The delivery has been delayed for two weeks. The best I can offer you is the couch."

It was now seven o'clock in the evening. Neymar and Bandit were long gone and Kylian, Jade, Poppy and I were just lounging around. And did I want the couch? No way in hell! What would my new employees think if I came into work on my first day with dark circles and shaggy hair?

"That's sweet of you Kylian, but this job is big. I can't go telling anyone that I sleep on my friend's boyfriend's couch! I can't even stand having dark circles!"

Jade ripped off some of her croissant. "Don't tell them, then. Lo, I will buy you the best makeup Paris has to offer, no soul will even notice if you sleep on a couch."

Jade's effort of trying to cheer me up wasn't as impressive as I thought it would be. I knew that she was desperate for some alone time with Kylian, but was I really that kind of third wheel?

"Come on, girl." I ordered Poppy as I gathered my suitcase once again. "Lets go find ourselves a palace."

This was a disaster. Yes, ok, I was a very picky person, but who wants to sleep on the couch for... a long time? And in Paris? I certainly didn't, and Kylian and Jade didn't even argue with me. It was like they wanted me gone.

This job meant so much to me, more than anyone would ever know. I just wanted to start on the right foot. This was something I had dreamed of since I was a little girl.

"UHHHH!" I let out a distressed moan once the door was closed. "When I see that delivery man I'll-"

"I hear a damsel in distress." a voice called from across the hall. This voice belonged to Neymar, of course. "What's the matter now, belo?"

"'What's the matter' is that I don't have a place to sleep tonight. Kylian and Jade just want to kick me out so they can canoodle! Who would want to sleep on a couch as hard as a rock?"

"Uhm, no one." was all he said.

I narrowed my eyes at the Brazilian, and he narrowed his back. Neymar knew perfectly well what I was trying to do, but he wasn't taking any of it. All I needed was a warm and comfy king sized bed with fresh Egyptian cotton sheets and a memory foam mattress. Was it that too much to ask for?

The staring competition wasn't finishing any time soon. I wasn't giving up on the many spare bedrooms Neymar had somewhere in that apartment of his. He looked like the kind of guy who had Egyptian cotton sheets.

"I give up." Neymar surrendered faster than I had expected. "One night, belo. Then once you start that job of yours and become super, super famous, you'll soon forget the handsome and talented Brazilian you were roommates with for a day."

🐶 🐶 🐶

Neymar's apartment was in the exact state I had seen hours before. It was tidy, unlike some men I had the pleasure of knowing. It looked pretty spick and span with the occasional water bottle on the nearby dresser and a few bowls of cereal on the kitchen counter also making an appearance.