THREE

🐶
T H R E E
vanity fur

AFTER LITERALLY THE WORST DAY OF WORK, I WAS FINALLY HOME.

Well, Neymar's apartment wasn't officially home, but it did remind me that I needed a place to stay, desperately. I'd give him anything, but obviously Neymar had a lot of money, so I was pretty much screwed in finding some sort of payment to give him that he'd approve of.

I quickly dumped all my extra belongings in Neymar's apartment with no sign of the Brazilian or any dogs at all, so I avoided the bathroom altogether. I, then decided to visit Jade and Kylian, in hope that my pooch was in their apartment.

"Tell me everything." Jade said, once we had both settled down in the living room area of Kylian's apartment.

"It's a d-i-s-a-s-t-e-r, disaster! I have to work in an itsy bitsy office, I had to fill out forms for the whole day, I work nearby to some dude who mixes both Dolce & Gabbana and Calvin Klein aftershave, which are a terrible mix. I also made a sort-of friend with my sort-of boss, the workers' fashion sense was a disgrace and I need something cool, right now."

Once I reached the fridge, Jade spoke up. "People have to start from somewhere, I suppose, Lo. You were lucky that Ms Hormones in the States even liked you."

"I know, right?" I opened a bottle of sparkling water. "It's just... uh. There's like, thousands of people working there. Marilisa knows a ton of languages because people from all over the globe work there. But I can't be just one of those thousand, I need to be at the top!"

I was trying to be poised at that downward spiral that they called floor number four, even if I knew that I was ten times better than them all combined. I even wondered how many people on my floor actually designed one piece of jewellery, or if they just checked accounts.

"Oh, and how was Poppy today? Did you have time to take her for a walk?"

Jade blinked at me hard. "Um, what? I was supposed to babysit your dog while you went to work for Cartier?"

"Duh." I rolled my eyes while taking a sip. "Please tell me you did mind my girl!" I looked around the apartment. "Poppy! Come here girl!"

"Lo, neither Kylian or I minded your pup today. She was with Neymar the whole day while you were gone. You met him when you went back to his apartment, didn't you?"

I couldn't help but start to panic. "Ehm, no. I- I thought that you'd be able to keep an eye of Poppy while I was out. You're too lucky that you work from home."

"Sports journalism is a hard job, Lo. But where do you think Neymar went? He obviously didn't mention anything to you?"

Typical Neymar. I knew he'd go off and do something goofy and do a so not funny thing to me. That was one of the many downsides of knowing that Brazilian.

"Give. Me. His. Number."