THIRTEEN

🐶
T H I R T E E N
goodbyes and red roses

DESPITE WORKING HARD FOR
NEYMAR'S ENDORSEMENT SURPRISE PARTY, IT WAS RAFAELLA AND DAVI LUCCA'S LAST DAY IN PARIS.

"I don't want to leave!" Davi folded his arms angrily at his aunt. "I want to stay here forever and eat pancakes with Lola!"

Rafaella and I exchanged a look and let out a chuckle. Poor Davi, I could understand his pain. When my parents had split when I was thirteen, it sucked. There were multiple times where I had sulked for hours saying that I wouldn't leave my dad's house. Now knowing about my last encounter with my father, I wished Davi Lucca the best life in both households of his mother and father and to spend most of his time with them as possible.

"How about we go to Vanity Fur? They do the best chocolate chip cookies I have ever tasted!" I said to Davi. "After that we can go to the dog park with Poppy and Bandit, and then we could say goodbye to The Eiffel Tower."

It didn't take long for Davi to reply with an obvious yes, and right after that he rushed to get outside and go for a walk with us.

He really was adorable. I had always found kids so entertaining and sweet. If I didn't have my passion for jewellery and designing, I would've looked into a career involving childcare and looking after little children. I was the oldest cousin on my father's side of the family, so I was the big, babysitter cousin and had loved minding my younger cousins.

"How do you do that?" Rafaella questioned, putting her shoes on beside me. "He just listened to you so easily. Teach me everything!"

"Do what? I just offered to take him out for an hour or two before you guys fly back to Brazil. Honestly, it's the least I could do. During your stay, you've been the most loveliest person I've ever met. I'm happy to have a friend like you, Rafaella."

Rafaella grabbed my hand in hers and squeezed it lovingly. "Neymar is lucky to have you, you know. He may not know it yet, but you truly are an inspiring and influential person, Lola. I wish you all the best in this city. You came here to pursuit what you love and you didn't stop until you deserved the best that you got. I'm happy for you, and I'm very thankful to have you as a friend, too."

"Thank you for being so good with Davi. Whenever I met some of Neymar's previous girls, they weren't as concerned about his needs as you are. So from the bottom of my heart, thank you. And also for making my brother the happiest and energetic that he can be. He's going to love this surprise party you've planned for him. Speaking of, after our stop to Vanity Fur, why don't you visit that florist that you need to order arrangements from? I can surely control Davi for ten minutes... I hope..."

I hugged Neymar's sister and she produced one of her beautiful smiles. This woman was a friend for life, I could just tell.

🐶

iMessage:
Neymar⚽️🇧🇷🤪

Want to grab something to eat
after my training? Kylian and
Jade are going to tag along, too!

Sorry, Ney, I'm hanging out
with your sister and son!🙃

Maybe tomorrow?

How does my son beat me
to a dinner date with a pretty
girl?!🤨 Rafaella needs to talk
some sense into that boy!