EIGHT

🐶
EIGHT
maple or chocolate syrup?

NEYMAR'S SHOOT TURNED OUT TO BE AN ABSOLUTE SUCCESS.

The Brazilian was well able to pose for a camera, moving this way and that. It just looked so natural to him. He was the master of pulling different facial expressions, too.

"Model material!" Armand, the company's male stylist clapped in approval. The pair got along well, which was even better.

I couldn't help but grin throughout the whole thing. I had done this. Everyone in the studio were buzzing throughout the whole thing. Neymar and the endorsement was going to be a huge, hit, I just knew it. By the looks of things, maybe he could get his own collection if he kept the good manners up.

"Lola, right?" a young woman with strawberry blonde hair and the prettiest pair of coral coloured shoes stood by my side. "I follow you on Instagram, I'm a big fan of your style. I was wondering how long it would be until I got to finally meet you when you announced that you were working here! Where did they put you?"

"Level four." Judging by the look that she gave me, she knew and understood the struggle. "Yeah, it's not what I expected. It'll do for now, I suppose. I like to think of myself as driven and focused, so hopefully I'll move up in the ranks."

The strawberry blonde gestured towards another woman in a red beret. "I have to go help Ardelle with the photographs, but I heard from Marilisa that it was you who decided to bring Neymar in here, that's good thinking. His fanbase is huge all over the world, that really impressed everyone here."

"I'm Annie, by the way. It was nice to finally meet you, Lola. I hope to see you more up here." And just like that, she was gone before I could say anything else.

A fan? Had she just said fan?! Someone was a fan of my social media account? How could someone adore me? Ok, my Instagram account was looking pretty much picture perfect since I moved to Paris, but still. My day just kept on getting better and better.

🐶

Neymar approached me sooner or later, back in his own clothes. "Hey, uhm... I was wondering if you'd like to go out for lunch? You probably don't know it, but modelling is so exhausting!" he rolled his eyes enthusiastically just to cover up his little stutter.

I grabbed my handbag from nearby and put it over my shoulder. "Sorry, Ney, but I agreed to meet Alyssa for lunch. Maybe another time?"

Neymar genuinely looked disappointed. "Oh, sure. I'll see you back at the apartment, then. I was planning on taking Bandit and Poppy to the dog park, anyway..."

I forced a sort of grin on my lips before heading towards the building's elevators.

But he wasn't finished.

"And Draxler's girl? The one that looks like a real life doll?" Neymar called to my back for a moment, before I turned around to face him. "I've heard quite a few wild rumours about her. Just stay out of trouble, alright? Can I offer you popcorn and pancakes to change your mind?"

I laughed. Was he seriously this desperate for me to stay with him, or just to stay away from Alyssa for some odd reason? I hadn't heard one bad thing about Alyssa, she was one of the nicest people I had ever met. Rumours were just rumours.