NINE

🐶
N I N E
important meet

WEEKS SEEMED TO FLY BY. I HAD BEEN LIVING IN PARIS FOR OVER A MONTH NOW.

I still couldn't believe it. I was living in Paris, the city of lights, the city of love. It was one of the world's fashion capitals, and I had yet been invited to a fashion event.

"What are you doing?" Marilisa questioned, as she approached my 'office'. It was a Friday and of course people got lazy, but I was on top of my game.

"Uhm, I'm doing the work you asked me to do-"

"Well, you're going to have to pack all that away." Marilisa folded her arms in a serious manner. This time she was acting far more serious than usual.

Wait... no. No, she couldn't! What did I do wrong? I did everything she asked me to do, even those ledgers that got to my head! What possibly could change her mind that she had to fire me?

I was about to be fired!!!!

"Your move," she raised a brow. "... to floor six. Armand, Annie and the crew want you to help being a joint designer and stylist there."

HOLY FRICKIN' COW!!!!!!'

My profile would look goddamn amazing!

- Lola Lopez
- Brazilian/American
- Twenty Six
- Stylist and Jewellery Designer for Cartier!!!

"What are you waiting for? Chop, chop!" Marilisa clapped her hands multiple times for me to get a move on. "It's actually your lucky day. They're doing a shoot with Alyssa Claremont in less than an hour."

I smiled so wide like a goddamn idiot, and I didn't even care.

🐶

"Wanna go to lunch with me again?" Alyssa asked, while she wriggled into a bright orange jumpsuit which would be paired with eye catching block white boots and some stunning Cartier accessories. "I feel like bagels."

No words could describe how I felt. Here I was, floor six. I had my own professional name tag, I would be assigned to my own perfect office after lunch and I was about to work with the best in the business.

Now that was what I was here for.

Also not forgetting that Alyssa was here! She had initially planned on surprising me and asking me out for lunch again, which was actually really sweet of her. Unfortunately for her, I had other plans.

I hadn't spoken much to Jade recently, and it deeply saddened me. She had been busy with work nonstop for the past few weeks. What she was working on must've be huge. So I was going to lunch with her instead.

"I can't. I'm sorry, Al. Jade needs me, I haven't sat down properly with her in a few weeks. She said she has something important to tell me."

"Oh, ok." she avoided eye contact, and I could tell that her tone had a hint of jealousy. Now I felt pity and Alyssa definitely didn't suit being sad.

Jade and Alyssa hadn't been properly introduced to each other, and I don't know if they ever will be. They're pretty much the complete opposites. Jade is the definition of laid back, cool and collected, while Alyssa is all about the action and cares about being bright and bubbly to every soul that walks in her path.

I loved them both, with everything that I have, but Jade is far too important than any other girl.

It's because I love her, she's been with me through thick and thin. Since my dad's accident and helping out with relocating, she's been my rock. She always will be.

🐶

Sometimes I can't read her, you know? She's Jade Duval. She's cool, she's a literal boss. No one can break through her barriers, unless you're Kylian Mbappe.

Today, though, she wasn't as chill and collected as usual. Something was on her mind.

"Lo, I'm sorry, I..." she drooped her head down low towards her waffle.
"Please don't hate me..."

Our conversation had started out as pleasant and enjoyable as it always was, but I could sense the tension from her. And I didn't like to see her feel that way.

"Look at me, Duvet." I grabbed her hand from across the table. "How could I hate you? You're my best friend, bosom buddy, companion. Whatever you say to me won't ever change that. Duvet and Lo-Lo forever, right?"

Jade grinned weakly. "Duvet and Lo-Lo forever..." she whispered, and I could see the first teardrop fall from her left eye. Was I even ready to hear what she had to tell me?

What would it be? Kylian broke up with her? No way. She had gotten fired from her sports journalism job that she was the most passionate about? Also a definite no. What if she was fed up of having Bandit and Poppy in the building? I didn't know about that one...

"I- I'm moving to Germany."

Don't deny it, you guys didn't see that coming!!!

Laoise xxx