FOURTEEN

🐶
F O U R T E E N
feelings and plagiarism

I COULD FINALLY CONFIRM THAT
I HAD NEVER FELT SO HEARTBROKEN
IN MY WHOLE ENTIRE LIFE.

Neymar headed out for a date with a beautiful woman ten times more prettier and smarter than I was. And here I was moping about it to Jade in her apartment, who was also the other reason for my other heartbreak.

Is it even possible to have your heart broken twice at once?

"You know what I think?" Jade asked, rubbing my back soothingly. "I think that it's time for you to admit whatever feelings you have towards Neymar. You've kept this bottled in for a few months, and it's now or never. I don't want to spread negativity to your mindset, but you need to do so if this date tonight leads to something more."

Jade was right. Hell, she was always right. I, an emotional drama queen of a mess, didn't deserve her. Maybe this was all too good to be true. The job promotion had happened in a blink of an eye, and a few days later I would be hosting an event for Neymar's endorsement? I had gotten my hopes up.

For everything.

The endorsement was in two days time, and here I was moping on my ass while crying into my best friend's shirt. If I was going to keep it together, I may as well start now and show Neymar as well as everyone else that nothing could get by me.

"Lets talk good things, yeah? I rang in and got a vet appointment for Poppy tomorrow at noon. I'm busy packing, but why don't you bring Kylian along with you? You two haven't spoken one on one in a while. And guessing as you've decided to not speak to Neymar, you'd probably want to convince him to have the guest room..."

"But the guest room was supposed to be for me when I first arrived here..." I said my thoughts aloud. "The new bed shipped in late and I had to stay at Neymar's. Wait, that was months ago. I may have forgotten, but you couldn't even tell me?"

Ok, I had to admit that the spare room in Jade and Kylian's apartment had slipped my mind ever since moving into Neymar's. I mean, his place was decent for the amount of decorative preferences that he had displayed all over the place, but there was nothing that I couldn't fix.

Still, Jade hadn't even thought to tell me? I didn't understand, even though I knew that I'd be a dramatic nuisance of a burden if I lived with them. But still...

"The way you were settling in with Neymar seemed so nice that we didn't want to interrupt anything and possibly change your growing relationship, Lo. I mean, you two are a pretty great pair."

Ok, I could see where she was coming from and her facial expression admitted that she didn't want my company in her apartment. But I'm thankful for her honesty and for admitting rather than not.

I sat up straight and dried my eyes. "I'm sorry for raising my voice. I can't be mad at you, Jade. You're leaving and leaving each other on terms like that is not gonna be good. And you're right, we are pretty good together..."

She was also right about one other thing. I was going to admit my true feelings towards Neymar.

🐶

"Good morning, Lola," Annie smiled cheerfully as she walked by the doorway of my Cartier office the next day. "Again, it's so good to see you here. Your office is really coming together, I'm sure it's a huge upgrade to what you had before."