5 | lose all desire

___________________

___________________

But for her, your lover wills that you lose all desire
Love, when at its brightest, seeks to quench that fire
Dissolution in that love, they say, resembles death
Yet it is the paradise where single hearts draw breath.

- Rumi, Lose All Desire

__________•__________

Adelia giggled when she felt him nip her throat teasingly, her hands tugging the tie binding her to the bedpost.

Elijah looked up with a smile. "What is so amusing, my love?" the Original asked, unbuttoning her shirt dress down the front as it fell around her in folds.

He sat up and discarded his sweatshirt when she winked, appreciating the wonderful creation her husband was.

"Why are my hands bound tonight?" she asked with a mischievous smile and he playfully glared at her. He went to bite her lips when the witch placed her foot on his chest, stopping his descent. "Na-na-na, you shall get your reward only if you answer me."

"And if I oppose your orders?" Elijah raised his brow and took her foot in his hand, caressing it gently. Not breaking eye contact, he dug his fingers into the pressure points of her sole, making her squirm in pleasure.

"You play unfair," Adelia huffed, snatching her foot away with a pout on her lips.

"Hmm. It would seem so," he quipped, trailing a finger over her brassiere-clad breast. "If I want my reward, then I shall get it." The Original's hand slithered inside her panties when his phone on the nightstand rang loudly and the witch closed her eyes in annoyance.

"Our times were much better, at least we weren't interrupted by ringing phones," Adelia commented and looked up at the ceiling.

Elijah kissed her cheek and took his phone when he saw Rebekah's name displayed on the screen. "Rebekah, what is the matter?" he enquired, concern lacing his voice.

"Did you know that the doppelganger was alive?" the female Original questioned as soon as he answered. Elijah and Adelia stared wide-eyed at each other when the sister continued. "Well, your silence answers it all, brother."

"Did something happen?" Elijah asked hurriedly and moved to untie his wife who hopped down the bed, buttoning up her dress.

"If you consider the scenery around Mystic Falls High School, I can assure you that something is definitely going to happen."

"I will speak to you soon," the elder Original replied and hung up before putting on his sweatshirt. Adelia extended his jacket to him and he took it immediately.