10 | the secret longing

____________________

You are the thoughts that sowed my mind with doubt
You are the secret longing to get out.

- Rumi, Doubt

__________•__________

the next morning

"You are awake," Elijah said, startling Adelia who was picking up the broken cup and saucer from the rug. A faint pink tint immediately spread over her cheeks.

The witch cleared her throat and got up, putting the broken pieces on the table to be discarded later. She did not look at him and turned around to leave the room, clutching the nightgown to her frame.

The Original followed Adelia, his strides long and wishful. He walked behind her, pushing the hair off her shoulder to attach his lips to her skin.

Rushing her to the settee that lay in the middle of the room, Elijah sat her on his lap before connecting their lips. He trailed his hands over her legs bunching her nightgown to her hips as his wandering fingers undid the strings at the front.

Coffee brown eyes met hazel ones when the witch rose up on her knees to straddle the Original before they welcomed the onset of many things forbidden.

____________________

"No, I told you we aren't giving part-time jobs to students," Rafael told his assistant and banged his head on the table dramatically. "This is a publishing house and not a set for teen drama."

"The Council is insisting we bring some pupils this year," the assistant replied. "Good publicity."

"Is the publicity going to make me the next mayor?" He furrowed his brows and looked at the mirror to fix his hair. "Get my autograph now, I don't think I'll remember your face a year later."

"It's not publicity for you," she laughed softly. "It's for the Council, the Mayor and maybe a little for the company."

He suddenly looked offended and took a deep breath, "I require a professional workplace. Not a trainee everything," the Desmond justified. "These people don't appreciate me and my contribution."

"I advise that you speak to Miss Laurentis then."

"If Lia agrees, then she is heading the trainee department. I don't want to deal with raging testosterone," he rolled his eyes and got up, retrieving his jacket from the chair.

"Then what should I tell them?" she asked.

"Tell them Adelia will give them an answer soon, Madam secretary," he winked and put on his jacket. "Get all her appointments lined up. She'll be off her vacation in a few days."