스물 아홉

i've waited all my life. i want to be with you for everything.

I stare up at the lit-up sky.

I've never felt more at ease than now, even after the whole fiasco with my stepfather.

I turn to my side, gazing at seokjin. everything felt too comfortable to be true, but I wasn't about to let that stop me from living the best time with my love.

my love.

It felt surreal to say that, after eunbi, I never thought I could heal.

it turns out I was wrong because here I am, taking in seokjin's beauty and thinking about baking pink cupcakes for him.

he looks at me, "jungkook, how was... your life? childhood?" he asks. and it caught me off guard because I hadn't even told eunbi about it, so this? this felt like violation but, for seokjin? anything.

"well, it was... something alright," I sigh.

seokjin snuggles against me, burying his face in my neck.

"it must've been hard. seeing how you were so angry at your father? damn, even I could feel your rage." he chuckles.

I smile, "well, my step-dad was the one who let hell break loose. my father died when I was eight," I pause, remembering the old man's face together with my mom. "he was a good guy, just mentally unstable."

seokjin stays quiet, drawing circles on my chest.

"a week later my mom found someone else, my step-dad. total douchebag, hated that guy, but... he had money, and I can't be ungrateful now, can I?" I laugh, playing with seokjin's hair.

"that explains it." he says softly, getting up and looking at me with the most loving eyes.

"i love you; you know that, right?"

I smile brightly as I wrap my arms around him tightly, "'course I know that jinnie!"

he hugs me back, just as tight.

-

"jungkook, you ready?" my manager asks, but to be frank? i'm really not.

how can I leave my boyfriend for a whole month? I won't ever get to kiss him or hug him like I did yesterday.

"yes, sir!" I cheer and smile as I board the plane, sitting in place.

It was going to be a long month, for sure.

-

I stare at the plane, taking off, waving at it as I smile brightly.

I was going to be alone, in jungkook's fancy apartment, with all his money, to myself for a whole month.

with the additional money I saved up, i'm the richest now.

I see taehyung behind me, and I almost scream.

"jesus taehyung, don't sneak up on me, you bitch!" I sigh, grasping my shirt as I try to calm my beating heart.