Chapter 16 - New Roommate

Chapter 16

*Leah POV*

Once inside my apartment, well, correction, our apartment, he put his bag on the floor beside the front door.

I gave him a, what are you doing, look, and his response was, ‘I don’t know, if you change your mind and kick me out, I won’t forget my bag.’

I shook my head back and forth and told him to follow me.

I walked into the bedroom.  I knew he had clothes and I wasn’t going to let him live out of a bag while he was here.  I didn’t care how long he would stay, a day, a week or month, I needed to make room for his things.

I opened the closet and moved some of my clothes then went to the dresser and emptied two drawers.  I turned to look at him and he was just staring at me.

‘What?’ I asked

‘What are you doing? He asked in return.

‘Making room for your clothes, I know it’s not much, maybe I can find more…’ I said while looking around the room.

‘No, No.  This is amazing, are you sure?’ he asked.

‘Yes, you’re not going to live out of your bag.  I don’t have a lot of things so, lucky for you, you’ll have space for your stuff.  I just hope it’s enough space.’ I said while looking around.

I was calculating in my head, if I moved this and that to over there, maybe he would have more room.

‘It’s enough, I don’t have much.  Thanks, I mean…this is really nice of you.  I know we don’t know each other well, and you don’t owe me anything.  So I have to ask why?’ he asked.

I was surprised, yeah I know I had a bad past, so did he, but I was still a good person, well I think I was.

‘You looked like you needed help.  I don’t mind you staying here, at least I’ll have someone to talk to.  I’ll be less bored.  And yeah, we haven’t known each other very long but you know me more than anyone in this city, or probably my whole life.’ I told him.

He smiled and came towards me.  I froze and tensed up, and he stopped walking.  I hated that, I knew he wasn’t going to hurt me so why did my body always have to panic.  I took a big breath in and walked the rest of the way to him and slowly put my arms around him and gave him a hug.

Hugging Jason was strange.  Not in a bad way but, Laura always tried to touch me or give me a hug, it wasn’t so bad.  I just had a lot of trouble with men.

When I felt his arms wrap around me, I closed my eyes and rested my head on his chest.  I tried to let myself relax and I know he knew what I was doing so we just stayed that way for awhile. 

When my heart was beating normally again, and I was more relaxed I lifted my head and looked at him in his eyes.