Chapter VI

Jennie was fast asleep beside her but Jisoo couldn't even close her eyes. She kept going back to the kiss, did Jennie really like her back? The possibility rang in her head so loudly she felt like she could almost hear it.

She turned in her bed and faced the digital alarm clock on her bedside table. The red lights read out, "06:54 a.m."

"Damn it, I didn't sleep at all," Jisoo thought to herself as she sat on the bed. She looked to her side at Jennie, she looked as if she had slept like a baby. "It's impossible, of course she doesn't like me," Jisoo doubted herself, she was stressed out by everything for no good reason and she knew that was the case. She goes to prepare a cup of instant coffee to get herself back into at least a level that she can function and drinks it while she sits on the soft bed. Jisoo opens her phone and writes out a text to Irene.

Jisoo
Joo-Hyun!

A few minutes pass and Irene responds.

Joo-Hyun
What is it?

Jisoo
Jennie..

Jisoo
she kissed me last night..

Joo-Hyun
😱😱😱

Joo-Hyun
Wait like on the lips or.....

Jisoo
She kissed me on the forehead

Joo-Hyun
Oh my god

Joo-Hyun
When did this happen?

Jisoo was about to type a response when Jennie's voice filled the room, "Why are you texting Irene so early in the morning?" It wasn't anger in her voice, not even jealousy, just dismay. A freezing cold blew over her that made Jisoo's hair stand on her skin and sent a windy chill down her spine.

Jisoo was shocked and turned around to see Jennie's dissapointed face staring at her.

"I-I wel it's um...—," Jisoo stuttered either because of nervousness or the realisation that Jennie looked so perfect even when she was mad at her. But Jennie cut her off before she could finish her sentence and stood up.

"I'm going to take a shower," she said coldly, before walking to the bathroom and quietly but eerily shutting the door. It seemed that she didn't want any excuses. Jisoo glared at the bathroom entrance, before falling face-first onto a pillow and shouting into it in exasperation when her phone buzzed.

Joo-Hyun
Jisoo? Wht happened?

Joo-Hyun
Are you ok?

Jisoo saw the notification. And then she threw her phone on the bed in frustrarion. Jisoo was so confused, why would Jennie act like that? She almost seemed... jealous. Is Irene's plan working?Jennie, do you really like me? I'm such an idiot! Jisoo screamed out into the pillow to try to relieve her stress. No it's impossible, she doesn't like me... she hates me.

The girls soon went out for breakfast, settling down at a local café to discuss things to do for that day.

"Do you guys have any suggestions for activities today?" Jennie asked, "it's Sunday so there is a lot of stuff that's not open but we can go wherever you guys like if it's a available," The maknaes looked at each other equally undecisive. Jisoo just stared deeply into her cup, too tired and too occupied to think about things to do.

"How about we go see that giant arc that's so popular here?" Lisa asked but Jennie just shook her head.

"You mean the Arc de Triomphe? It's too crowded there today, a lot of tourists, it's possible somone could recognize us," Jennie argued.

"What about we go for a stroll at the Grand Boulevards? I heard it's a great experience," Rosé suggested but this time Lisa shook her head.

"To be honest, I just want to go back to the hotel," Lisa said, and Rosé agreed.

"Maybe we can just rest today, it's Sunday anyways. Sunday Funday you know," Rosé joked while sipping away on her coconut water.

"I have some movies that I rented out yesterday, if you guys want we can have a movie marathon," Jennie suggested, "hopefully Jisoo doesn't have any plans with Joo-Hyun Unnie today." And as if on cue Rosé, Lisa and Jennie all stared at her waiting for a response.

Jisoo just shook her head 'no' uncomfortably, it seems Jennie hasn't let go of what happened that morning.  "Ok then, you guys can stay in our room and we can have a mini movie screening," Jennie chirped happily, "you all should hurry up eating, we'll have a lot of fun."

Jisoo sat in between Jennie and Rosé, they were all huddled up on the bed watching Ratatouille. About thirty minutes into the movie though Jennie called her name.

"Jisoo," Jennie whispered to her out of the blue, physically unable to look into Jisoo's eyes when she shyly asked,
"you're not going out with Joo-Hyun right?"

"Why do you want to know?" Jisoo muttered back carefull so that Rosé and Lisa wouldn't hear her. Jennie started to blush a little and her eyes still faced away from her, involuntarily keeping from making any eye contact.

"I'm just asking to ask," Jennie quickly responded, "you don't have to tell me if you don't want to. I won't make a big deal out of it."

"I'm not going out with Joo-Hyun Jennie," Jisoo whispered as she stared into Jennie's beautiful brown eyes that were still avoiding hers.

"Then why are you so close with her?" Jennie whimpered, looking to the side and downwards seemingly sad at her own question.

"We're just friends Jennie, I don't like like her you know?" Jisoo told Jennie but she still seemed uncertain.

"Is there anyone you like like then?"

Jisoo stayed quiet for a bit and when she did she heard a voice from the movie that seemed to speak directly to her, "If you focus on what you left behind, how will you know what lies ahead?" Jisoo thought about it, Gusteau was right. she shouldn't let Jennie's rejection in the past prevent her from looking towards a beautiful future. A beautiful future that was staring back at her patiently waiting for her to answer.

"Jisoo?" Jennie asked again, "d-do you really li-like somebo—," Jennie stopped talking as she tasted Jisoo's lips on her's. It tasted of coffee and minty toothpaste, and when Jennie was so close to Jisoo she was hit by her scent of expensive spring perfume and jasmine flavored shampoo. Jennie wanted to stay there forever, and she would've, whatever heaven was, it couldn't beat what she felt in that moment.

In a split second though it was over and Jisoo just looked down at the bedsheets, embarassed. Her cheeks felt like coals in a furnace. She turned away to continue watching the movie when two hands grabbed her face and her lips pressed once more against Jennie's. Jisoo found heaven in Jennie's lips, and although at first Jisoo was shocked, she eventually kissed back and they stayed that way until both were almost breathless. Jisoo was over the moon and Jennie was on cloud nine and beyond. Jisoo was so happy that she started to cry tears of joy.

"JISOO WHAT HAPPENED?" Lisa shouted seeing Jisoo's puffy eyes.

"Oh... sniff, it's just that.. sniff, the movie is so sad," Jisoo explained trying to come up with a reason.

"...but nothing sad is happening," Lisa states confused by her friend's comment.

"Jennie why are you crying too!?" Rosé shouts and both of them become even more confused.

"What do you mean nothing sad is happening?" Jennie sniffed and pulled Jisoo into a hug burying her face into her sholder, "i'm so emotional right now."

"Those two are so weird..." Lisa whispered softly to Rosé who just nodded her head in agreement.