Chapter XI

She was the love of my life.

It seems like just yesterday I was lying in that bed with Jisoo at my side. But it's been almost three years since then. And... I think i'm ready.

"Jichu!" I greet her warmly as I approach the table.

"Jendeukie!" Jisoo stands up and rushes to hug me. I feel her body on mine and a feeling of calm rests over me. She's always so clingy, it's amazing.

"Have you ordered?" I ask her, as she reaches for my sweaty palms. I was nervous, very nervous.

"Yeah I have," she says as she grabs my hand and a jolt of lightning rushes through me. I still have butterflies when i'm with her. Just her touch makes me so happy.

"Jennie? Why are you so sweaty? Is it hot?" Jisoo asks kindly while I just shake my head and motion for her to sit down.

"It's nothing really," I assured her. Truth be told it wasn't nothing, everything was happening in that one moment, nothing could go wrong.

"Jennie I want to ask, why did you book such an expensive restaurant? Is today a special day or something?" Jisoo asks. I booked the hottest spot in Korea, it serves the best fried chicken in the country.

"Are you complaining?"

"NO OF COURSE NOT! I was just wondering," Jisoo explains, Jennie noticed how she kept eyeing the nearby patrons and their lush, meaty, golden chickens.

"Well any day with you is a special one," I tease her playfully to relax myself, Jisoo just cringed as she usually does.

"Jennie-yah you're so sweet but so cheesy, it's disgusting please stop," Jisoo whines. I just giggle at her.

"You really want me to stop? I'll stop sawying anything sweet then," I threaten her and as expected of her she hurriedly surrenders.

"No no no no, never mind just continue with your cringiness," Jisoo babbles in a panic, Jennie smirks at her victory and eases into a smile.

"But seriously though what's the occassion?" Jisoo insists, I look to the ground nervously and pull out a box from my purse. Hiding it just shyly away from Jisoo's view under the table I open it.

I strook the diamond ring that lay inside it and taking a deep breath I stand up next to the table. "Jennie what are you—?" Getting down on one knee I hold the box out in front of her.

"Jisoo," I stuttered, "will you—?"

"Jennie stop."

"What?"

"Get up Jennie."

My face flushes bright red with embarassment, what... what's going on? I stand up and face Jisoo I can't bear to look her in the eyes. Murmurs and stares of the people around us penetrated my skin. I felt dead for a moment. Just a moment.

I thought it was all over when she reaches into her purse and pulls out her own box. Jisoo gets down on her knee and presents to me the same ring I had planned to give her. "Jennie i'm sorry for embarassing you, but I wanted to ask you first," Jisoo took a deep breath before looking up at me with her almond brown eyes and her signature gummy smile, "will you marry me?"

"YES!" I screamed in deight, "I will."

She stands up in joy breathing out a sigh of relief and places the ring on my finger. The restaurant fills with the cheers and applaud of all the nearby patrons. I couldn't be happier than in this moment, I pull Jisoo in and hold her against my lips for a long passionate kiss.

As the sounds of applaud and cheering fade the ringing of the church bells come in their place. As I let go of the kiss, I open my eyes and see my wife, in her pristine white laced wedding dress.

"I love you," I tell her.

"I love you more."

THE END
Because i'm tired...