Chapter 3

I woke up again and looked at Harry's clock on his nightstand. It was... 10:30?! How did I sleep this late? I jumped out of the bed and fumbled for the bathroom door to relieve myself. I washed my face and then went back to Harry's room. I silently thanked God that it was Saturday. The boys would be home. I wouldn't have to figure anything out. And just for the small fact that it was Saturday. I walked out of the room and found my way into the kitchen where I was greeted by three happy faces.

"Morning, Alex!"

"How'd you sleep?"

"You hungry?"

I smiled at my new family. "Morning, great, and YES!" I said answering all of there questions at once. Harry began making pancakes while Wes and Ollie pulled out somethings from the fridge. I watched silently, basically torturing myself while looking at all the delicious food. Wes put some fruit and milk into a glass pitcher thing then handed it off to Ollie. Ollie put some spinach or something into the pitcher and then put into a smaller black... Thing. All of a sudden, the pitcher made such a loud noise that I jumped up and yelped. Wes came to my side at once reassuring me that it was only a blender. Whatever the Hell that is. And that I had nothing to be afraid of.
Finally, the terrible noise stopped and a pinkish- orange-ish liquid swirled around the pitcher. Ollie poured 4 glasses and set them on the table. Then Harry bought a huge stack of pancakes over to the table. He also brought syrup, whipped cream, and a coffee.
We dug into the pancakes and smoothies and ended up having smoothie mustaches and whipped cream beards by the end of breakfast. It was so good but filling. I almost wasn't hungry! But I'd been living on the streets for a while now! I obviously asked for seconds. Instead of getting me pancakes again, he gave me a warm bowl of oatmeal.
"Trust me, Alex. It'll fill you right up!" I encoded and said a small thank you. I was bit annoyed but, eh? Why would he care right? Plus, I couldn't give him a bad impression of me, I couldn't give him or anyone the chance to send me away.

I couldn't go back to the streets.

When Harry walked into the living room, he stood in front of the TV blocking everyone's view. Instead of arguing, Wes just turned the TV off and looked at Harry, Ollie and I did the same.

"Alright! So here's the deal. Alex and I are going to the mall to buy clothes and you two will stay home. I expect your chores to be done along with any extra homework." He added the last part looking especially at Ollie.

"If the necessities aren't done when we get back, you'll be punished. Understand?"

"Sure, Harry."

"Thank you." He said satisfied.
"Alex? Are... Do you think you can walk by yourself? I mean... Are you stronger?"

"Yes, Harry." I looked at him bashfully. He just laughed and pulled me up from the couch. He turned to Ollie once I was up and asked if he had some smaller clothes I could wear until I got some of my own.

"I'm fine, Harry! I can wear this." I said looking down at the clothes I slept in. They were quite baggy but I couldn't complain! They were clean!

"Alright! Let's go then!" He went into the hall closet and threw some flip flops at me. "We'll get you some shoes at the store, Okay?" He said as I got them and put them on. I nodded and while he went to kiss his brothers. On the cheek!

"Behave, okay? If your good I'll get you...-"
"ICE CREAM?!" Ollie and Wes screamed almost instantly.
"Sure," Harry chuckled as he and I left the house. I got into Harry's car and tumbled with the seatbelt. He watched me struggle for a second before carefully showing me how to do it. Then he unbuckled it and told me to try. I got it on the second try and was really happy as he left the driveway. #smallvictories people!
We arrived at the mall and went directly into Target.

"Okay! Here's the game plan, we're going to get your necessities first. Meaning shoes, outfits, underwear, socks. And then we'll go into the main mall area and have some fun. We also have to get some bedroom stuff." He said the last part to himself but I still heard.
We moved to the boy section and started to pick out clothes.  Two packs of boxers, five t-shirts, two hoodies, two pairs of basketball shorts, three pairs of jeans, and one pair of sweats later, we were heading to the fitting room. All of the clothes were about a size or two too big but that was fine. I'd be gaining weight soon and easily fit into them. We then went to the bedding and got me a white comforter and baby blues sheets with matching pillowcases.
We checked out and went with our bags into DSW. I got a pair of hightop Vans and some Nikes. We took all the clothes and things in the car and went back to the mall. I couldn't help but feel a bit guilty as we left. He spent over $200 on me. A kid he barely knew

"Anywhere, in particular, you want to go?"

"Nah."

"Okay... Well, it's 12:30. You wanna eat?"

"YES!" He laughed at my excitement over food and we went to the food court. I got a pizza and a cinnamon bun. He got a ham and cheese sandwich and a mini apple pie. I was still hungry but it was 1 o'clock and I knew we had to get home to check on Ollie and Wes. Just as we were leaving we passed the Apple Store. We obviously went inside cause it's the damn Apple Store!

I'd never owned any type of electronic so I was really excited to see everything. Eventually, a man named Sam came over to help us.

"Looking for something in particular?" Asked Sam.

"Yes. My... Brother here wants to get something but we don't know the best thing to get for a 12-year-old."

"First time getting anything?"

"Yes, sir!"

Sam though gut a while then said the best thing to get was an iPad or iPod because with phones you had to pay the monthly bill and what not.
"Alex?" Sam asked once he had gotten a reasonably priced iPad and iPod. "Which one do you want?" I thought for a second but chose the iPod. It looked almost like a phone and I'd always wanted one. Harry bought me a case, charger, and headphones (ear buds). We left the store extremely happy. Harry was by far the best person ever!