Chapter 17

Harry had a job to do. Two actually. He was a brother and a principal. But family comes first.

Alex was on his classes. Hadn't been tardy once. Making friends, well he hoped.

And Wes was still angry.

Can Wesley Donald Easley come to principal Easley's office, immediately. Was heard throughout the entire school. Wesley turned a violent shade of red. Looking up at the ceiling of his art class, he couldn't help but think about how Alex was hearing this too. And Ollie. And everyone else who hated him or like him or like liked him. Everyone could hear the loudspeaker.

He reluctantly stood from his stool and went to wash his hands. Just as he was about to leave the room the speaker came on again.
Bring your things Mr. Easley, you'll be here a while.

Wes grimaced before picking up his bag and waving goodbye to his teacher. The usual loud, crowded hallways were now eerily quiet. He heard his heart beating, his foot steps tapping on the smoothed concrete, and the quick breathes he was making. He had a feeling everyone else in the world could too.

He approached the front office and placed a hand on the door knob. Taking a deep breath before he twisted it, he was greeted by a room full of giggling office assistants and students, counselors and receptionists. And in the middle of the room, a beaming Harry, staring right at him.

Wes realized he wasn't in trouble and breathed a small sigh of relief. He looked at Harry's happy face and a smile grew on his own.

"I hate you!"

"Oh, I know. C'mere." Harry pulled Wes into a tight hug. "I'm sorry about last week. I was the worstest big bubby ever."

"Get off me!" Wes said pushing him away playfully. The last week had been rough on both him and Ollie. It was like Harry wasn't there. He was always somewhere with Alex and that was fine. It was just that,

Harry was their brother first.

But unlike Ollie, Wes couldn't be upset about Harry not spending time with him because he was still busy being upset about Harry punishing him.

And now he was upset about Harry calling him to the front office in front of the entire school. But he wasn't really upset.

Pulling him into his personal office after telling the people in the main lobby to get back to work, Harry sat at his fest looking smug.

"Wanna know why I called you here?"

"No."

"Aww," Harry stuck out a lip. "Why not?"

"Because you were mean to me." Wes smiled a bit and so did Harry.

"You big baby!" Harry accused. "You deserved it."

"Did not!"

"Yes you did!"

"I didn't."

"Oh, whatever." Harry rolled his eyes and Wes took a seat in front of his desk. "I've decided to make up for my meanness. You may choose a restaurant and a fun place to go. Just for us. Harrison Mitchell and Wesley Donald. The two oldest Easley brothers."

Wes leaned back in his chair looking at Harry crazily. "Anywhere?"

"Anywhere."

Anywhere.

{«·»}{«·»}{«·»}{«·»}{«·»}
Short chapter, I know. Only 537 words.

Where do you think or want Harry and Wes to go?

Leave your comments!
..