Chapter 7

-Harry's POV-
The last bell of the day went off and I went to the hall to say goodbye to everyone. Boys and girls were waving, high fiving, or fist bumping me on there way out of the doors. I saw Cameron leaving but he did his best to avoid me.

I chuckled a bit and continued saying goodbye to everyone. Then I went to the teachers to have friendly conversations and bid farewell. Finally I made it out to my car and waited for Ollie, who was at tutoring, and Wes, who was at the library "studying" with friends. Around 4:30 the boys come to the car and pile in. We drive away as they tell me about there day.

-Alex's POV-
Brendon and I had been doing nothing but playing video games all day. I was super into it and was really competitive. Every time I lost or messed up a "shit!" Or "fuck!" Would come out of my mouth. I didn't really care to much because Brendon seemed fine with it. I didn't even hear Harry come in the house or open the door to my room. But Brendon did and paused the game.

"What the fuck, man!" I said with a laugh. Harry cleared his throat and I turned. "Hey Harry! I missed you!" I said getting up to hug him. He hesitated but embraced me all the same. I let him go and looked up at him. He seemed a little upset but I didn't know why. I went off to say hello to my brothers, leaving Harry and Brendon to talk.

-Harry POV-
"Why have you been letting him curse?" I accused Brendon. He stood up and lifted his hands defensively.

"I didn't know he wasn't allowed."

"In the 7 years I've had custody over my brothers, they have NEVER been allowed to curse!"

"You're right, man. I just thought that you had given him a little freeway because of his situation." He defended.

I had to admit it did make sense. I forgave my best friend instantly. I nodded and hugged him on his way out. I told him Alex would be there 7:30 the next day. He nodded and left.

I decided to go and talk to Alex about the rules because I hadn't yet. Maybe that was why he thought it was okay to curse. But before I got there I realized I hadn't made any snack for the boys so I worked on that.

Alex came down the second he smelled food but I decided not to bring it up yet. He didn't even realize what he did wrong. I placed apple slices, peanut butter, and a grilled cheese sandwich in front of him and did the same for Wes and Ollie who had been in the living room doing homework.

Alex finished his food and went to the living room to watch whatever childish TV show the boys liked these days. I didn't really care, I watched movies with the boys. Not cartoons.

"Alex?"

"Yeah, Harry?"

-3rd Person POV-
Alex decided he wanted to go to his room and read a random book the boys would let him borrow. Maybe listen to a bit of music until Harry needed him. But Harry looked serious and he got a little nervous. Had he done something to upset Harry?

Harry motioned for the boy to follow him before stepping into the master bedroom of the house.

Harry looked at the boy and took a deep breath before beginning his lecture. He thought this would be easy considering he lectured children nearly everyday. But looking into Alex's eyes, he really didn't want to talk about him cursing or breaking rules. Because the instant he enforced the rules, he'd have to punish Alex for breaking them.

"Alex, cursing... Isn't allowed in this house. At all, okay?" The boy nodded his head at the man. He knew what breaking the rules in this house meant, and he really didn't want to be punished for something he didn't know wasn't allowed. Now he understood why Harry had been upset when he came home.

He gulped and reluctantly allowed a tear to fall from his eye.

Harry looked at Alex in shock. Why was he crying? Did he already know?

"I'm sorry. Don't spank me," the boy said looking through his eyelashes. "Please."

Harry winced st the sight of the poor little boy in front of him. He had only just come to the family and he was crying. Harry sighed as he picked the small boy up. He rocked the boy until he reduced his sobs to hiccups and sniffles.

All Alex could help thinking was Why do Wes and Ollie stay here? Spanking is terrible.

The boys of the family Alex had lived with when he was eight had beaten him up for knocking into things. He was clumsy... it wasn't good fault!

Then when their parents had asked what had happened they said they had spanked him for misbehaving. A couple months of this and the family had given him back because of the 'spankings.'

Harry rocked Alex until he calmed down. Alex looked up at him and whimpered.

"Harry?"

"Yes, baby?"

"Please don't spank me. I didn't mean to make you mad, I swear."

"Alex? Do you know what a spanking is? Have you ever received a spanking?" Alex of course nodded thinking the beatings he'd received just a few years ago were spankings.

"By who?"

"M-my b-b-brothers... Not Wes and Ollie though. The first people that adopted me. When I was eight."

"Your brothers...?"

"Yes. If I did something on accident they'd hit my stomach, or face, or chest." And a couple seconds later, "it hurt a lot."

"Oh. Alex... That, that wasn't a spanking. They... They beat you up."

"Really?"

"Really." Alex hugged the man tighter and they stayed like that for a couple of minutes. Then the boy looked at Harry and asked, "Then, can you show me?"

"Sure?" Harry said uncertainty etched in his voice.

The man took the boy off of his lap and stood him in front of him. He unbuttoned the boys pants and pulled them down, then guided him over his lap. He gave him a small smack and pulled him back up. Pulling the boys pants back up he said, "that's it, but it's harder, and longer."

"Okay... Thanks, Harry." The boy hugged the man again and the man hugged him back.

"Do you know how I hit you?" Harry said after a while. Alex shook his head.

"My hand was flat. The boys that beat you up, their hands were closed. In a fist. A fist means they hit you out of anger. But a flat hand means they hit you out of love. Which of us did that?" Alex pointed to Harry. Harry nodded and pulled him into another hug. God, I love this boy, Was all Harry could think.

A/N: the ending is a little corny. But I thought it was cute. Anywho... If you liked the story keep reading, I guess. Lol I don't even know why I added an authors note