Chapter 18

When Alex walked into his new Texas history class, no one was there besides the teacher. With Jimmy and Eliza Tracey at his side, he approached his new teacher and shook his hand.

"I'm Coach Kingley, nice to meet you." Coach?

"I'm Alexander Easley, I'm new here." Alex stated hesitantly. He was a nervous kid and Coach Kingley seemed like a no nonsense teacher.

"Ah, yes. Principal Easley's new... child. Lovely to meet you. I assume you'll be wanting to sit in a cluster with Jimmy and Elizabeth?"

"Er...  yeah? Yes, I mean." He said, ignoring the looks from his new... friends.

"Fine, sit down and take out your journal. Luckily for you, we've just started a new unit and the test isn't for another month. You won't be behind." Coach Kingley didn't fool around. Tests? Units? He was extremely confused.

Looking for help from Eliza Tracey and Jimmy, he gave them a pleading glance while the coach had his back turned.

Jimmy and Eliza sat in the middle desk group of three and Coach Kingley came over with a small pile of papers in hand.

He took the journal right it of the boys hands and began to fill it in. Opening the composition, he began to glue things down and fill in titles.

"Every new unit we create a new title page. I've done that for you, you're welcome.  Every unit we have a map of some sort. This will be due this Friday. It's Monday, a full five days is more than enough time. We also have ten vocabulary words every unit. These will also be due Friday."

Alex stared at the man in front of him. Two assignments and class hadn't even begun yet.

"If you'll excuse me, I'm busy so I trust Miss Duncan and Mr. Sanchez can help you out." Alex blinked in disbelief. He was sure to love this class.

Before they could even begin to work, the bell rang and students came bursting into the room almost immediately. All of the giving Alex odd glances and whispering furiously behind their hands.

"Alright class, let's get started. The Battle of San Jacinto...."
____________

Second period was much easier.

His science teacher was extremely sweet, helping him throughout class yet not drawing any extra attention.

Mrs. Richmond was a short, skinny, young woman with long brown hair and dainty features.

She smiled often and talked quietly. Science was by far the easiest subject that day, despite not starting on a new unit.

(:)(:)(:)(:)(:)(:)

Orchestra.

Why in all things holy had Harry put Alex in Orchestra a month into the school year.

And no. It wasn't the stereotypical orchestra violin. It was a goddamn cello.

Why?
.
Thankfully, their were two teachers. The younger one, Mrs. Andrews, took him to the practice rooms and showed him key notes and posture.

Everything will be alright, you are sure to catch on quickly.
«·.·»«·.·»«·.·»«·.·»«·.·»

Fourth period was Hell. Almost.

He'd come to the conclusion that male teachers were horrible people who deserved to burn in dungeons.

Well, at least Coach Kingley and Mr. Hartmann did.

They definitely did.

Mr. Hartmann had yelled at him for trying to sit with Jimmy, fourth period being a class he didn't have with Eliza Tracey, and then pulled him by the arm to an empty desk at the front next to his.

"I know yer brother Wesley Easley and I'll have you know I won't tolerate bad behavior in this class." Despite Alex only being in class for about five minutes, both of the males faces were bright red, one in embarrassment and the other in anger. "I'll send you straight to your brothers'. Have 'em deal wit you."

Alex looked back at Jimmy with a scared look in his eyes. Jimmy shrugged and faced forward.

Math was going to suck even more than usual.

()(-)()(-)()(-)()(-)()(-)()

Lunch came after fourth period and Alex couldn't be happier to re a break from his fifth and fourth period classes.

In Math, it was the teacher, but in English Language Arts, it was the students.

They stared at him as he walked in as if he himself were some alien come from another planet.

Then the laughing began. The giggling, the whispering, the pointing. It was all there, plain as day.

Alex tried his hardest to pay attention. He was thankful to have his classes with Jimmy and Eliza Tracey. Even though he'd barely talked the whole day, he knew he wouldn't have survived the day without them.

-=-_=_-=-

Sixth period was gym. Meeting his gym coach was easy enough. He was given a uniform and nobody really stared at him. It was probably the best class of the day.

They ran two laps around the track and football field before getting water and after that, played a game of kickball.

A lot of people liked him after he kicked the ball far and got his team a home run. And then minutes before the bell rang, they were sent inside to shower and change.

/-/-/-/

The last class was a study hall which he thanked Harry silently for putting him in. He was hot and tired from the work out in gym and was relieved that his last class was a relaxed, laidback class.

At the end of class, before the bell rang, Jimmy and Eliza Tracey stared at architect and then looked back at Alex.

"Hey, wanna come over?"

"Umm... Er.. sure?"
----------

A/N:   Hello all! Just wanted to let you know that I'm still interested in having comments on where  Wes and Harry should go. I'd prefer to have requests but if I don't get any comments in the next few days, I will put my own.

Goodbye!