Chapter 15

A/N: hola everyone! Just a heads up, I'm double updating but they will be shorties. Chap 16 is only 530 words long and this one is about the same length. But they go together and no one wants to wait seven  forevers an update, right? Lol, enjoy!

"So Mr. Easley. It appears with all paperwork and both vocal and physical agreements from both ends of the party, you should be able to adopt Alex after a year of him being fostered.
This'll require spontaneous monthly check-in's from Alex's social worker, and Alex to go to the local school for six months out of the almost twelve.

"This includes breaks, which total up to about four months, give a little. Meaning school for Alex should start almost immediately. You will also need to have his dental, eye, and wellchild checks up to date throughout the following year."

Owen Richie looked at Harry as though he didn't just speak an entirely different language. Mr. Richie was the CPS agent they'd made an appointment with the previous day, thankfully at a later time.

Harry glanced at Alex, who was occupied with his games, before nodding his head at Richie, going over what the man said in his head slowly.

"Good. Now for records, I'll need the name of the school he'll be in. Once he's started, I'll need a copy of his schedule, grade he is in, and his rank of core subjects." Owen said this like some professional and because of this, despite his being a principal, aggravated him.

"Ranking? As in, how he likes his classes?"

"No. Is he in academic, pre-ap, or GT?"

"He'll be in pre-ap everything, unless he decides later on to be in a higher or lower class. He'll be going to Hoffman middle and his schedule will be sent to your email, as well as a  printed copy sent through postal." Harry said, happy to sound sophisticated next to the older man. After all, Harry was only twenty-five years old, going on twenty-six. The man across had to be in his mid-forties. At least. "He'll be in the seventh grade, he will start next Monday."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Friday afternoon, Harry took the boys to go shopping for school supplies for Alex, and themselves just in case they were running low. After all, it was the second month of school.

Saturday was spent relaxing and packing Alex's school bag, while the only thing happening on Sunday was the boys, excluding Harry, we're filling Alex's head about teachers they disliked, students he should stay away from, and school food he should never eat.

Let's just say, Alex wasn't exactly ecstatic to go to school Monday morning. But hey, at least he wasn't stuck at Brendon's house all day.

As much as he loved  the Urie's, he couldn't stay in that house another week. Sarah and Brendon's tastes in music were, interesting to say the least.

"Well, buddy. You ready?" They were all in the car, but as Harry felt it necessary to get a head start on everything, they were about an hour early.

Alex nodded his head and grabbed us backpack, taking a deep breath to steady his nerves. He could do this.

They walked into Harry's office, and after given permission by Harry, Oliver and Wesley walked Alex around the school, showing him random classes that probably weren't on his schedule.

Finally, they walked back to Harry's office, a quarter until the bell rang, signaling the start of the day; and in Alex's case, the start of a school year.

Alex stepped into the crowded hallway and said goodbye to Ollie and Wes.

Taking another look at the swarm of eleven to eighteen year-olds, he shuttered.

He could not do this.