𝟙. The Start

Y/n (POV)

I scroll though my Instagram feed bored. I don't really know why I have Instagram to begin with, I don't post anything but just follow my friends or look at accounts with cute animal videos.

I hum quietly as I turn over onto my stomach and grabbed my pillow to rest my chest upon it. I then heard a few knocks on my door, "come in!" I called out to them.

Edd opened my door and came in just a little bit, "Hey, the guys and I are going fishing! Wanna tag along?" He asks. You were bored out of your mind so of course you said, "sure! I have nothing better to do."

You got up and stretched slightly. As you stretched you cracked your back bit and released with a long sigh. You stand up and put on your shoes before going downstairs to meet the rest of the guys.

"Hey y/n!" Matt says. He looked pretty exited to go, he is always exited to go places. "Morning," Tom says to me. I gave him a soft smile and said it back.

"Ok guys! Are we ready to go?" Edd asked. "Yup!" Matt and you say while Tom just shrugged and walked to the door. Tom opened the door and walked outside, "it's pretty nice out today." He says breathing in and sighed it out. "That's why today we are going fishing!" Edd says going to the car and loaded the stuff into it. "Anything else we need guys?" Edd asked and we all shook our heads no.

"Good! Let's get going!" He says and gets into the drivers seat. Matt went to go sit up front as Tom and I sat in the back like usual. Edd started the car and pulled out of the driveway and immediately drove to their near by lake.

"So y/n, got any plans tonight?" Tom asked. "Not really, just planning on staying in bed." I let out a soft chuckle. "Hm, maybe we can go to the new bar down the street; it just opened yesterday," Tom suggested. I shrugged, "sure! Sounds fun," I say, "do you know what's there? Or is it just a typical bar?" I ask. "I think it's one of those party bars? You know, the ones with those private rooms and each room having it's own bartender?" I nodded, "those ones are pretty fun, but wouldn't we need more people to rent out a party room?" I say getting my phone out to pull up the new bars website to check but Tom put down my phone. "No, we can just rent out a smaller and more private room. It won't have its own bar tender in there but we will still be able to oder drinks and stuff. it still would be nice to get away from all the other people who don't have a party room." Tom says, I nodded in agreement.

"We are here!" Edd says pulling into a parking spot and stoping the car. Matt grabbed all of the stuff we packed and got out.

I get out of the car along with Tom and Edd. "Where are we going to get a boat?" I asked. "I brought the floaty one!" Edd says grabbing it out of the trunk. "I need to blow it up though" Edd huffed and started it get to work on that.

"Edd, you know there is a boat renting station over there near the water right?" Tom says pointing to it. Edd gasped and out the 1/5 blown floaty boat back into the car, "let's just go over there!" Edd says leading us to the boat renting station.

I've never really gone fishing. I almost did when I was younger but that quickly changed due to some incident I can't remember. I was just planing on watching the guys fish and talk to tom. He is a pretty cool guy to talk to, Matt keeps teasing him time to time around me but I don't know what he means by saying, 'cute!!' Or 'ship it!!" All the time around him. I didn't know what 'ship it' means but it's something that causes Tom to blush and tell him to shut up.

Edd soon got a boat rented that would fit all four of us well. He then dragged the boat to the water with Matt and got in it, "come on slow pokes!" He says talking out to Tom and I.

I giggled as I grabbed toms hand and ran over to the boat and got in. I was actually getting pretty exited, I haven't been on a boat in as long as I could remember!

"Aweeee cuteeeee!" Matt said to Tom and I again. At this point I just ignore him because he is just probably saying random stuff.

"Shut the hell up Matt" tom glared at him and sighed sitting down next to me. "Don't be a grump Tom," Matt huffed crossing his arms.

"I'm not being a grump..." Tom sighed and suddenly grabbed a harpoon from behind him. "Tom I said you couldn't bring that!" Edd says glaring at Tom.

"What? This harpoon will catch more fish in a minute than any other fisher out there!" Tom says grinning, "it's also pretty cool for what I got it at!"

"But didn't you give pirates a couch with wheels to get the harpoon?" Matt asked. "They weren't pirates Matt," Tom rolled his eyes, "they were people who just liked out couch and gave me a badass harpoon for it!"

"It looks like a normal hand held harpoon to me" Edd shrugged and started to fish. "No it doesn't Edd, so you are telling me that this shiny blue baby is a normal hand held harpoon?" Tom asked and turned to me, "does this harpoon look like some normal harpoon?" He asked me.

I shrugged, "I guess, I don't really know much about harpoons?" "See, she most likely things it's just a normal hand held harpoon Tom" Edd says and fisher up a boot and sighed.

Matt fished up a grin thing and looked at it weird, "there is no good fish here Edd." Matt huffed throwing the line again. "Just be patient Matt, you'll catch one-" Edd was cut off by Tom launching the harpoon and it making a loud noise.

"I think I got one!" Tom says as our boat got lifted up. I gasped and looked over to see he got a whale, "Tom you caught a whale!!" I said shocked. "See edd? This baby isn't some normal hand held harpoon!" Tom laughed.

"You guys are banded from this lake for a year!!!" Some guy with a megaphone yelled out to us. "Great Tom.." Edd sighed pulling his fishing line back up along with Matt. "Wait, isn't a whale a salt water animal?" Matt asked but no one answered not knowing what to say.

Edd sighed walking back to the car with Matt and I following behind. Matt actually caught a small spiky fish when we were getting down from the boat and got a bowl he brought to put it in.

At least we got one catch, but it's not edible.

Everyone got into the car and it sat with Tom again. Matt suddenly gasped when Edd was driving. "Sir-swims-a-lot Just exploded!!.....can we go finishing again?" Matt asked. "We just went fishing and got banded from ever going back." Edd says annoyed. "Why?" Matt asked. "Tom harpooned a whale and got is banned from going back for a whole year" I said yawing. "That's why you shouldn't have gotten the harpoon..." Edd muttered. "Hey! My harpoon is a valuable member of this family, you never know what you would need it for" Tom says. "You sold our sofa to pirates Tom!" Edd sighed with a groan. "It was totally worth it Edd! That sofa is as old and gross! I can just harpoon us a new one!" Tom huffed crossing his arms and looked out the window.

I put my head on Toms shoulder and closed my eyes. I was a bit tired but not enough to sleep.

-

Ok sorry if this is a bit of an odd cut off, I spit my chapters In half so they aren't 2,000 or over words, but hope you understand -LB
1,398 words