Chapter V

Pulling out the sword from the stone shocked me. I couldn't believe what had just happened. I didn't even want to consider it, but it seemed like that's the truth. I was the reincarnation of King Arthur.

"Mark! I knew it! He is the reincarnation of King Arthur!"

"Alright Amelia, I believe you," says Mark standing up with his wife.

"Sam, you have to come with us, we're going to take you back to our house that way you don't have to look for a hotel," says Amelia as she helped me out of the forest and toward their house. On the way there, Mark was relatively silent. I wasn't sure if he was shocked or mad that I had been the reincarnation of King Arthur and he wasn't. We arrived at a small one-story house made from bricks the front yard had flowers, and there were lots of other plants as well. Walking toward the front door, I waited as Amelia pulled out a key. I looked down at my hand and saw that I still had the sword Excalibur.

The sword was indeed beautiful, but I wasn't sure how I was going to use it to save my country. Once Amelia opened the door, she and her husband walked in. I followed behind, looking around the front room I could see all sorts of King Arthur stuff, from The Pendragon family crest to bookshelves piled floor to ceiling of books. This couple was obsessed with King Arthur.

"Sam," says Amelia, I looked over to her. "Go ahead and make yourself comfortable, okay?"

Nodding my head, I walked to the couch and sat down on the side table I saw a pile of books. Curiously I picked one up and started flipping through it. As I began to relax, I started hearing Amelia and Mark talking in hush whispers. I continue to pretend that I was reading and listened to the conversation.

"Mark, we have to go to the Queen and tell her what happened which means we also have to tell her that Sam is King Arthur,"

"Amelia, if we do that, then the press will hear about it!"

"But it might be the best choice to make, think about it. The Queen does have someone in the castle that can train Sam, especially with a sword."

"Even if he is King Arthur, what's to stop the cycle from happening all over again? You know how it ended with the first Arthur; his son killed him with the help of his half-sister."

"That may be the case, but Sam doesn't have a son,"

"But he has a girlfriend. Think about it. After he saves his country, the prophecy is once again going to repeat itself. In the tavern, the guy behind the counter, he has a daughter named Morgana. In the legend, Morgana is Arthur's half-sister." I heard enough, setting the book down on the side table I turned toward Amelia and Mark.

"So, let me get this straight," I said, "if I'm King Arthur, does that mean that those in the legend like Morgana, Mordred, Merlin, the knights and the lady in the lake are all real?"

"Yes," says Amelia as she turns to look at Sam. "not only do they exist, but the legend will now start playing through, and you know how the legend ends." Yes, I knew how the legend ended because I was listening to the entire conversation. When I heard Mark, he sounded like he was worried. As if he knew what was going to happen.

"You mean, I'll die?!" I said my voice was rising in panic.

"Unless you can change the future then yes, you will die."

"Fuck that! I will make sure that this cycle of King Arthur doesn't end with me dead."

~No one's POV~

Katrina hadn't realized that Sam had fled from the country until she arrived at the Trap house. But it looked like everyone was at home because she saw all their cars still sitting in the driveway. She approached the door and knocked; she also hadn't realized that Colby had been brought back to the trap house to lure her in. Elliot was at the trap house with Colby, and he had a handgun pointed at his hostage, inside the house, there were other agents around waiting for the right time to kidnap Kat.