15

Midorya's POV

December 19th, two days before Eri's birthday. Ochako and I talked to her about how close her birthday was to Christmas and how it would be best to do all the presents at once on Christmas. She told us that she didn't want a huge party, just some friends from school and her family.

I had already ordered a cake for her celebration and had invited everyone. The list included 1-A, Satsuki and two other friends she made at school named Toga and Haruki, my mother and the Uraraka's, and she insisted on All Might coming. The last thing to do was get her present ready, I know we said we would do presents on Christmas, but I felt she needed something for her birthday.

Ochako and I decided to get her a charm bracelet that she could add to. We had gone to a few stores, while Eri was spending the day with my mother, in order to get her Christmas presents as well as find her a birthday present. "This is so fun Izu, there are so many different things to choose from."

I smiled at Ochako who was in awe at the options for a little girl, "Yeah, its a good thing you managed to save half of the money they gave you when we got her, and that you save like a mad man when we get the stipend."

"Well I grew up poor, I know how to save." She gave me a determined smile, then it faltered as she realized, "Shoot, I forgot to get a cart."

"I'll grab one while you keep looking." I said with a smile as she thanked me and went back to searching the shelves. I walked back to the carts to grab one, and as I returned, I saw Ochako talking to another girl about our age. She had dark red hair tied in a loose ponytail. I couldn't see her face from here because her back was to me but when she turned to her left to say something to Ochako my heart sank and fear washed over me, there is no way she is here, how the hell is this happening. I don't think I have the energy to deal with this.

I left the cart and turned to walk away as I heard someone practically scream, "MIDO? Is that you?" before I could even turn around, I was tackled to the ground by the red head.

"It's bean to long Mido. I've missed you so much." She said hugging me from behind while I laid on the ground with a throbbing head from the sudden contact with the ground.

"Ashia, what are you doing here? I thought you moved to America." I said while saying silent prayers that she didn't remember the promise we made when we were three.

"Izu, who is this girl?" Ochako asked with irritation etched into her words.

Before I could speak, Ashia spoke, "I'm his fiancé."

My life is over.

Flashback

"Mido, when we grow up, I want to spend every day with you. So, I am going to marry you." Ashia stood triumphant as she made her declaration.

"W-What?" I exclaimed

"You heard me. We will get Married." I looked at her for a moment, I mean she is one of my best friends so of course I wanna spend every day together.

"O-Ok." I said standing up next to her.

Flashback End

"I'M his fiancé." Anger was clear in Ochako's voice now.

Flashback

We broke apart from our kiss and I could see Ochako's eyes tearing up a bit, but I knew they were happy tears. "Are you sure about this Izu?"

"One-hundred percent." I took out the ring and attached it to a necklace I had in my pocket, then I placed it around her neck. The pink stone hung upside down as the sunlight reflected off of it.