1- Outcast's life

Chapter 1- Outcast's life

Crystal's POV

Run! Run! You can make it, Crystal!

My hair danced violently in the wind but I refused to pay any attention to it as I desperately out ran my three chasers. The iron black gates were in sight, hope pumped energy into my veins boosting me towards safety.

Come on! Come on!

I could hear their soft footsteps moving rapidly behind me. Anxiety gushed forth as the need to reach the gates became more apparent. Three of my peers chased me with the intent to play a bloody game I hold no interest in.

'Yes!', a small cheer echoed in my head. The trio made it only a few seconds after me but only glares could approach my way.

This school was similar to my haven when they wanted to enact their cruel humor onto me. The institution forbade fighting with the consequences of expulsion indifferent to your status, well unless you're the King, I assume.

I straightened my bent posture and walked away from the three glaring wanna be bad boys. I'm usually the first toy to be chosen when one wants to play a cruel game or simply to release anger upon. There's no other reason for it other than I'm different. I am vampire without fangs and the sun holds no advantage over me. Furthermore, blood is not a necessity but I still do have an appetite along with strength and speed.

What's wrong with being different? I don't have fangs on display 24/7 or sun burning me to dust doesn't mean am lesser than my peers. If we're going to be like that I should be higher, I can easily blend in with the humans and I can freely walkabout in the sun. However, no one things like that here.

"Sorry." I instinctually apologized to the bench I bumped in. I put all blame on my parent' for they had grown me in this way, too damn polite.

I quickly walked away hoping no one saw that. I don't need anything else adding to my image of being a freak. Without any further complications, I open my locker and my reflection greeted my eyes from the built-in mirror.

I can safely say I don't look average, even for a vampire. My image suited my name, Crystal Snow, perfectly. With silver hair brushing against my legs, crystal blue orbs and beautiful snow white skin.

Averting my sight to my books, I replaced the books in my bag with the ones needed. I swang my white bag over my shoulder and lightly swing my locker shut or I tried to. It only results in a loud bang which earned me a few glares.

"Sorry," I whispered, cringing at the awful ringing it left in my ears.

I have a maths test today that I didn't study for. However it's nothing new for I haven't studied since six years since my father's death. My mother died when I was two years old, I don't have any memories with her.

I regained focus and immediately spin, narrowly avoiding a one way ticket to the floor. The person who almost knocked me over continued walking without the decency to apologize. I huffed and started to speed walk when I realize I only half a minute to get to class and you can't run on the corridor or in the halls.

I love speed walking especially in crowded areas the adrenaline I get dodging people was so thrilling. Literature was the first class today and my body had already found it's way to the familiar classroom.

***Time skip***

I was in the first set of students to enter the gymnasium as P.E was a favoured class for me. Without a thought, I climbed towards the top bench and claimed the perfect spot for entertainment.

Routinely, the girls chattering away and the boys scanning gaze on them while discussing among themselves. I could see why, our uniforms are uncomfortably revealing. A black skort that's three inches under your butt and a tight fitting crimson t-shirt with a very low v-cut. Most of the girls character are questionable so they have no problem but I do which is one of the reasons I'm up here.

The boys are lucky though quipped with black pants and a crimson shirt though it also had cut low revealing their chest. The shirt was tight as well so it clung to their muscle. It gave me the impression that the designer of our gears was a major pervert.

For a school you would think they equipped us with loose clothing for gym but this institution had no qualms proving us wrong.

With nothing much to do, I decided to listen to the girls' gossip. They often discuss important news I missed or just people's entertaining drama either was great to pass time.

"The King is coming tomorrow!" Marla, a sugar high brunette, stated excitedly.

"Just wait, I'll make sure he is hooked on me." Christina arrogantly claimed, she's the typical blonde popular girl determined to reach her goals and live her dreams.

Of course, I had no problem with that. However, her personality was rather grating on my patience.

"But isn't he looking for his beloved?" Jasmine questioned ignorantly, from observation she's a bit slow but she seems to be a brilliant girl, who knows how she got sucked in this group where she's belittled constantly.

"Yeah and that could only be me, who else in this shit hole is worthy of the king, definitely not you." Christina jabbed, rolling her eyes arrogantly. The girls giggled, idiots.

So the King was coming tomorrow? Why haven't I heard anything about this before?! And he's looking for his beloved. I wonder what he looks like. Maybe he has black hair or dark brown. I guess only time will tell. I hope his beloved won't be a bitch like Christina over there or this kingdom was going to suffer.

I want my beloved to be kind, good, and shy. When I meet my beloved I want to leave this place. I desire a peaceful life where everyone accepts me for who I am and how I look. I begged and prayed for years and I will continue. I can't lose hope when my eighteenth birthday is only tomorrow. I will be able to find my beloved. I hope he doesn't go to this school because everyone here hates me.

The gym teacher called us to circle and I followed while trying to pull down this skort. I tell you, the designer was a pervert. Even our school uniform was designed uncomfortably. It's comprised of short high-waisted black pleated skirt and a crimson short sleeve blouse tucked. I usually wear a white stockings with black short tights underneath, a pair of white leather thigh high heeled boots, and a white oversized hooded to throw over it and ends a little below my knees.

P.E class started and only one question resound in my mind. How old was the Vampire king?

Feel free to drop comments when you like.